Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

For groups? Frostbringer.

You have one already most likely, so just switch it to primary. Get a Fist of Zek offhand to decrease your dex and improve your str - it's 150p and you'll have it for a long time.

"But what if I proc Sempai? Won't Sadelfclericone be upset with me? What about Angrytankbro? will he do a curse at me?"

Who cares, you're a tank you can take some damage. If anything it will help ease the encounter if you take a couple hits and if Angrytankbro can't take aggro back he's not very good and you should be tanking anyway.

For raid encounters/halls of testing? Jade mace or a cheap 2 hander is fine, hell just use a rusty dagger.

Here's the thing with warrior DPS during a raid You have no way to evade aggro and this is a problem if the main tank dies. Rogues and Monks and Rangers each have a way to drop their aggro (evade, FD, Jolt) so they can happily parse at 98 dps and have little aggro issues. If you are parsing that high, you will take white damage aggro from the tank and die. Additionally, you will be next on the aggro list and if the main tank dies YOU are next AND unprepared.

Don't worry about your DPS as a Warlord unless you've got the pp to be op. Any damage is fine if you're not tanking - just look at knights, they're 'helping' and you're going to still out dps them by just dual wielding jade maces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

at level 52 you get a 9 damage bonus for your primary hand weapon. So weapons with lower delays generally have better ratios at this point. Sebilite croaking dirk is a 19/18 weapon at level 52 this means.

However, your attack rating is based on the weapon skill of the weapon type in your primary hand. I know at level 60 a warriors max piercing skill is lower than their max 1h slashing skill (I don't remember if this is true at level 52) but crafted velium warsword is 1hs and also 10/18 like the dirk and that means it too has a ratio of 19/18 at level 52.

CRAFTED VELIUM WARSWORD 19/18 for the win...if piercing and 1hs are the same skill until level 58, the croaking dirk is more affordable and the better choice .... I just don't remember if piercing skills slower and then caps at 240 at 60 or if it just caps at 58....

BTW the formula for damage bonus for primary hand for one hand weapons and hand to hand is

(Level - 25) / 3 (always round down)

No damage bonus for secondary... I think winters fury has the best ratio for a droppable secondary war usable weapon? so Crafted Velium Warsword Primary and Winters Fury secondary seem like the best droppable DPS combo you can have
Last edited by trite; 10-04-2018 at 08:14 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at level 52 you get a 9 damage bonus for your primary hand weapon. So weapons with lower delays generally have better ratios at this point. Sebilite croaking dirk is a 19/18 weapon at level 52 this means.

However, your attack rating is based on the weapon skill of the weapon type in your primary hand. I know at level 60 a warriors max piercing skill is lower than their max 1h slashing skill (I don't remember if this is true at level 52) but crafted velium warsword is 1hs and also 10/18 like the dirk and that means it too has a ratio of 19/18 at level 52.

CRAFTED VELIUM WARSWORD 19/18 for the win...if piercing and 1hs are the same skill until level 58, the croaking dirk is more affordable and the better choice .... I just don't remember if piercing skills slower and then caps at 240 at 60 or if it just caps at 58....

BTW the formula for damage bonus for primary hand for one hand weapons and hand to hand is

(Level - 25) / 3 (always round down)

No damage bonus for secondary... I think winters fury has the best ratio for a droppable secondary war usable weapon? so Crafted Velium Warsword Primary and Winters Fury secondary seem like the best droppable DPS combo you can have
Looked around a bit, apparently the exquisite velium weapons all have better ratios than winters fury, so they are better secondary weapons than winters fury
Old 10-31-2018, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Reaver