Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Large Rat

Default /OOC Trolling

Can we please do something about the crap people spout in /ooc? Politics, Religion, Legalization of pot,... if its not one damn thing, it's another. The higher the population grows, the worse the spam. Most of these people dont have a clue what they're talking about, are screaming idealogical talking points, or simply trolling for attention.
Can we use /ooc for game related /ooc discussion, like LFG, content, zone/mob discussion? You can't use it for any of these things when these clowns go off because it either spams away as fast as you post, or the people that are actually playing the game have long abandoned /ooc.
This isnt going to attract people to the server, it's only going to chase them away. I know some of you will say things like, turn it off, thats what /ooc is for... and I don't want to limit /ooc to puerly game talk, but when you cant have game discussions because of all the politics it's a bit much. Send these people to a chat room somewhere and leave /ooc for the game.

I'm sure this will bring on a flame fest, but I would rather see it in here than /ooc. Flame on children

/rant off
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

/filter ooc

/rant off

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

I wish channels were enabled... /join general would be the best.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Murphy

Personally i'd prefer ooc be linked by type of zone if that wasn't too complicated -- maybe make it citywide -- so if you were in any city you could see OOC from other cities, making LFG a little easier, but outside of that limit it to zone only..whatever.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally i'd prefer ooc be linked by type of zone if that wasn't too complicated -- maybe make it citywide -- so if you were in any city you could see OOC from other cities, making LFG a little easier, but outside of that limit it to zone only..whatever.
You want to make this game more like WoW don't you you filthy bastard.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/filter ooc

/rant off
Ths is the type of response I expected. Why should I, who wants to play the game, have to filter out the /ooc that is intended for use in looking for a group? I should have to find another way to play the game so others may talk Politics on a game server?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

OOC is intended for LFG when you can /lfg on?

Wow. Your logic is flawless.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OOC is intended for LFG when you can /lfg on?

Wow. Your logic is flawless.
I'll say it again... Why should I play the game differenty than the "Normal" way so that you guys can talk politics on a game server? I could sit for hours waiting for a group with a LFG tag on and if I bitched that I didnt find a group all day you would flame me for not doing more.

Let see, I want to use the /ooc as it was intended and that is getting in the way of you wanting to use it like an AOL chat room.... whos logic is flawed here?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

You're not entitled to anything.

I get groups just fine. I create groups just fine.

You're crying for no reason. It's a chat channel, where people *GASP* chat.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not entitled to anything.

I get groups just fine. I create groups just fine.

You're crying for no reason. It's a chat channel, where people *GASP* chat.
Once again Finawin, I never said I was intitled to anything out of the "normal" use of /ooc. I stated above that I'm not opposed to chat. It's the Flaming and Trolling, that these discussions attract, that I'm opposed to. Are you intitled to flaming and trolling while we are not intitled to the use of /ooc for game related content?
Closed Thread