Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Kobold

Default CnM (the anti-RnF)

I am wanna propose CnM (Cookies an' Milk) forum. Would be opp'site of RnF forum. 'Steada postin' only mean an' yucky stuffs, can only posts NICE AN' HELPFUL STUFFS! Current CnM-type threads are ones like "tanks TMO fer SK shield!" an' "grat'lations (happy clerics) on epics!" an' stuffs like dat. Would also be good place to post threads dat is come up ev'ry coupla days like "help pease, need rez in x zone!" or "soan'so has a fully geared corpse about to rot in zone y!" or "newbie player has question". I am tinks mebbe lotsa folks who would likes to helps is not never sees dese posts cuz not visits dese forums no more.

In all seriousness, something like this might not be the worst idea. I find visiting these forums incredibly disheartening. When I talked to Wiggles about my reasons for wanting to leave p99, he said that if he could, he'd petition to have my IP banned from these forums. (Wiggles soso clever notagnome.) In trying to keep informed about the Ragefire situation, I spent more time on these forums in the past few weeks than in the previous two years. The result? I saw far more than I ever wanted to of players treating each other (and the staff) horribly. It made me lose faith in both the state and future of the community, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have happened had I just stayed in Norrath and avoided these forums. I appreciate that RnF exists for those who enjoy that or feel it's necessary, but many of the threads in "Server Chat" and even "Guild Discussion" are pretty RnFish in and of themselves.

I post this with the knowledge that it will likely be met with derision and end up in RnF itself. My toon is a 6 year old, but I am an adult. I'll survive. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just brainstorming ways to get the tenor of these forums more in line with the spirit of the server that I encountered in game.
Last edited by zahlia; 03-03-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

We're not all about the bad here. I'd go so far as to say that -all forums- that aren't RnF should be like the forum you've proposed. We should be treating each other with respect here, or at the very least, we should be able to be civilized, if only through clenched teeth.

Not going to point any fingers, but there are at least two guilds who need to stop dragging the rest of the forum down with them. Is it too much to ask that you guys keep it in RnF if you feel the need to deride each other all day long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

+1 I like cookies and milk!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with this thread completely.

+1
Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

You guys are lookin good today
Old 03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

I've been wanting to see a separate forum/IRC channel where crappy behavior is immediately banned.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

everyone loves cookies and milk =)
Old 03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been wanting to see a separate forum/IRC channel where crappy behavior is immediately banned.
Agree.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Kobold

You know what I hate?! When I'm all out of milk to go with my cookies...I had two left but no more milk...
Old 03-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Internet forums are usually like this.. doesn't matter the game.. usually the most vocal people don't even play the game lol

I wouldn't judge a game by its internet forums.. they are hardly a place for reasoned discussion most of the time.

but yah half the time RnF is a place not even worth visiting unless you are absolutely bored or are looking for a reason to be offended or vent.

Should come back and play and just avoid the forums ;p

A Ding Thread or something like that might be cool too
Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 03-04-2012 at 03:49 AM..
Closed Thread