Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default My literal quest to play Everquest! (and question about recording)

Just a hello from Amra and co!

I have always been a fan of the world of EQ but one thing or another had always prevented me from playing.

When I was young and bought a copy with my own money I was going to ask my dad about making my allowance become my payment method since I basically just bought games and warhammer back then anyway...

That same week a friend of mine decides to tell my dad a story about how he got a huge bill on Warcraft: Tides of Darkness (the RTS game before it was Battle.net edition.) Since I was young and my dads a construction worker and hardly tech savvy he instantly dropped the blast shields and refused to hear reason thus killing my adventures in the world of EQ for many years.

Ironically that dingus of a friend ended up playing EQ and Dark Age of Camelot and I would play at his house for hrs but obviously not with him since he had to share the compy.

Then I remembered the game years later and thought to play it... Only to find it had been drastically revamped and changed. Cool sure but now I had to accept that the game I had been SO interested in was truly gone forever...

Then forever ago I was watching some awful episodes of that old G4 show called "Portal" and it got me thinking about how much I wanted to adventure in EQ and see the world etc...

I do Roleplay but I realize how many people do not and I try to make it fun without being a annoying dork. When I played on here alone a while back I was a Troll named Grotsnag and most folks appreciated my crude but friendly personality.

Since I am rambling with no plan to stop I will just wrap this up with a question... I watch a few series on YT that feature Project 1999. I would absolutely LOVE to make a chronicle of the adventures of me and my friends! Where do the creators of Project 1999 stand on folks recording their gameplay? Do they encourage it? Or do they worry about too much publicity?

I just think it would be a great way to meet friends and to remember the adventure years later and preserve my memories I plan to make. The friendly community on here blows me away compared to other places I have played.

Thanks for reading =3
Last edited by Amra65; 10-12-2014 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Conjunction junction what's your function?! =3
Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Streaming is encouraged. There's a thread here of existing streams:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94155

Publicity isn't that shied away from.

Welcome!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Omg thank you SO much! We are waiting for my gf to get permission to share my ip or however you word it... And meanwhile we have been watching YT vids of EQ and you just gave us the jackpot so to speak lol.

See you around! =D
Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Kobold

Hello and welcome! As far as roleplayers go - you will find them on the server but they aren't that common nor is there any sort of congregating spot or forum to find them. The only way to find them is to RP and see how they respond. I myself RP from time to time and have met others. As for chronicling your adventures I think that is a great idea. I used to do journals of my character's adventures and am looking to doing that again for one of them.

Enjoy your journey in Norrath!
Closed Thread