Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you've screamed this in about 10 threads now, i'll just ask you this once: why is it when TMO is accused of something, they welcome any inquiry, yet whenever TR is accused of crossing a street wrong, the wagons are circled and the whole server comes crashing down?

I'm hardly a fan of TMO, or an enemy of TR. But i mean, come on now. You can't really accuse him of anything besides protecting the integrity of the server and keeping appearances 100% legit. Did he invade your private forums? Yep. Can argue tactics, but there's 0 he gains personally from it. It's far easier to understand his desire to prevent stupidity than go piecemeal through everything Xzerion has done for the past year.

Was Xzer up to something? Who really knows, who cares. It's stupid to keep up appearances and have a dev in a top tier raiding guild. It's just tailor-made for RnF fodder. The biggest tragedy is people like Nil and Co. don't get to enjoy their creation. And now add Xzer to that list.

And yes, now that Xzer has stepped down everyone will find something else to complain about. People will continue to complain as long as their is both a platform in RnF to complain about everything, until either a Red server is made so virgins can wage their holy war, or everything on p99 raid-wise is instanced so everyone can go out and get jobs and the guides and staff can actually get work done and focus on helping the people with real problems that aren't self-inflicted.

The high-end of this server is a cesspool of people who only get erections when they deprive others from pixels, who rage everytime something doesnt go their way, and are, in every sense of the word, a complete *detriment* to this project. Yeah, it's actually a project, in case some of you actually forgot. It's not your personal pixelated playground.

Oh sure, instancing isn't classic. Well neither is the silliness that happens anytime a raid target spawns on this server. On live if some bard or monk was frolicking merrily around the firewall in fear wiener-blocking a dracho or CT from another guild, the second guild would take their pullers, grab the rest of the zone and wipe Guild A's campground off the face of the planet. And no GM would show up or care. The planes were dangerous places, and people either played nice or policed themselves.. On blue servers, no less.. All the rule lawyering and GM involvement just boils down to a never ending supply of 'bluebie griefing' (tm) magically called 'classic tactics'. BS. Instance it, free up the staff to work on the project and the real playerbase, and let the uberguilds hang out in EC Tunnel and compare what "their" raid mob dropped that day. Everyone wins, except those so desperately clinging to the idea of raiding to griefand measure their E-peens.

Let's lead normal lives people. Enough of this nonsense.

Option B would be to just keep raid targets despawned for a month. The only way to make children behave is to completely take their toys away. We're down 2 people that gave their heart and soul to this project. It's been a bad week, to put it mildly.
The main nostalgia of Everquest is griefing others, guild fighting, etc.

It's not the best-made game, but it was one of the most entertaining in terms of being a competitive player-vs-player-via-enemy game (ie softcore PvP where you grief others through PvE).

What are your best EQ memories? Mine were shit like kiting raid mobs around for hours, training people, shit talk.

What's the point of an MMORPG? Oneupmanship. If you instance everything, it just becomes a matter of who can look up/best remember how to kill raid mobs, which is going to get boring as fast as WoW did for people. We've all killed this shit before; that's not what we care about. We want to kill the shit so that some one else can't.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodowg2000bc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your best EQ memories? Mine were shit like kiting raid mobs around for hours, training people, shit talk.

What's the point of an MMORPG? Oneupmanship. If you instance everything, it just becomes a matter of who can look up/best remember how to kill raid mobs, which is going to get boring as fast as WoW did for people. We've all killed this shit before; that's not what we care about. We want to kill the shit so that some one else can't.
You're a sociopath.

To myself and I imagine many others, EQ was less about competition and more about cooperation.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a sociopath.

To myself and I imagine many others, EQ was less about competition and more about cooperation.
^
Old 09-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Funny all of my favorite EQ memories involved the people I played the game with - my in-game compadres.

I played on a PvP server, and I don't sit here and think back "man I fukin kicked his ass good!" I had my arch-nemesis etc, but 99% of my memories include things like getting my friends their epic, certain people in guild I've met in RL and havin a beer or 2 with them, running around the Karanas in my teens with Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy Album played constantly for days on end lol.

/shrug Maybe I'm the odd one out - but rarely do I look back with satisfaction upon the negative shit that happened.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 09-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you've screamed this in about 10 threads now, i'll just ask you this once: why is it when TMO is accused of something, they welcome any inquiry, yet whenever TR is accused of crossing a street wrong, the wagons are circled and the whole server comes crashing down?

I'm hardly a fan of TMO, or an enemy of TR. But i mean, come on now. You can't really accuse him of anything besides protecting the integrity of the server and keeping appearances 100% legit. Did he invade your private forums? Yep. Can argue tactics, but there's 0 he gains personally from it. It's far easier to understand his desire to prevent stupidity than go piecemeal through everything Xzerion has done for the past year.

Was Xzer up to something? Who really knows, who cares. It's stupid to keep up appearances and have a dev in a top tier raiding guild. It's just tailor-made for RnF fodder. The biggest tragedy is people like Nil and Co. don't get to enjoy their creation. And now add Xzer to that list.

And yes, now that Xzer has stepped down everyone will find something else to complain about. People will continue to complain as long as their is both a platform in RnF to complain about everything, until either a Red server is made so virgins can wage their holy war, or everything on p99 raid-wise is instanced so everyone can go out and get jobs and the guides and staff can actually get work done and focus on helping the people with real problems that aren't self-inflicted.

The high-end of this server is a cesspool of people who only get erections when they deprive others from pixels, who rage everytime something doesnt go their way, and are, in every sense of the word, a complete *detriment* to this project. Yeah, it's actually a project, in case some of you actually forgot. It's not your personal pixelated playground.

Oh sure, instancing isn't classic. Well neither is the silliness that happens anytime a raid target spawns on this server. On live if some bard or monk was frolicking merrily around the firewall in fear wiener-blocking a dracho or CT from another guild, the second guild would take their pullers, grab the rest of the zone and wipe Guild A's campground off the face of the planet. And no GM would show up or care. The planes were dangerous places, and people either played nice or policed themselves.. On blue servers, no less.. All the rule lawyering and GM involvement just boils down to a never ending supply of 'bluebie griefing' (tm) magically called 'classic tactics'. BS. Instance it, free up the staff to work on the project and the real playerbase, and let the uberguilds hang out in EC Tunnel and compare what "their" raid mob dropped that day. Everyone wins, except those so desperately clinging to the idea of raiding to griefand measure their E-peens.

Let's lead normal lives people. Enough of this nonsense.

Option B would be to just keep raid targets despawned for a month. The only way to make children behave is to completely take their toys away. We're down 2 people that gave their heart and soul to this project. It's been a bad week, to put it mildly.
I vote yes, us more casual players are the ones being hurt by this. The GMs have to hear wine after wine from the top 2% of the population all the time. Most people don't raid. I would enjoy a raid here and there like the old days after the high end guilds had their fun with them. I like being behind in raid targets with a nice little friendly guild.

So instance them, and make the loot drop very rare, make it so it only drops .005% or something crazy like that of the time so the people crying can be in their instance farming for years.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodowg2000bc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main nostalgia of Everquest is griefing others, guild fighting, etc.

It's not the best-made game, but it was one of the most entertaining in terms of being a competitive player-vs-player-via-enemy game (ie softcore PvP where you grief others through PvE).

You're pretty much what's wrong with multiplayer gaming.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Funny because My fondest memories of Live was when Crush pulled us out middle of a ToV raid to help this cleric in a casual guild called the Mithil Heart Brigade, Complete her epic.
See We were the top guild and we wanted to have first shot, But instead of using our mussle, We came to an agreement with the smaller guilds on the server.

We would get first shot at any epic peice off any Raid mob. in Return We will stay out of smaller guilds way and help anytime on anything that we were called to help with. Crush kept his word.

See the difrence on here to compaired to Tribunal is, While we flamed the shit out of each other, We also had the integraty to make sure the server thrived.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with most of your points, well written. Without starting an arguement because that is not my intent here..IF Xzerion posted logs of TMOs private forum i would loose all respect for him. There are certain boundries and lines you wouldnt expect a person to cross while they have such a huge amount of authority. That said i agree with most of your other points.
No need to argue at all. Uth wouldn't care about your respect, he was keeping things on the up and up. Xzerion would need it because he was keeping up appearances while leading a raiding guild on the server. Whether Uth did the right things or not is immaterial. Either way, Xzer was crippled by the fact that he's both playing and developing, with a huge target across his forehead.

/shrug. Moot points now, really. Obviously Uth could have approached things differently, but you also live in a country where police break the law to enforce it and the military has even more leniancy than that when it comes to keeping order. Either way, we live and learn (or not learn) and move on from where we are now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Kobold

I even wonder if it would be technically possible to make dungeon/raid instances in EQemu? That would be a feat for sure to accomplish. They would have to drastically lower the drop rate of the loot off the boss mobs.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a sociopath.

I guess it's a good chat room while you sit around and do nothing for the majority of the game.
Closed Thread