Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When beta first started, server was packed for the first week.

Number of people playing has gotten lower every week.

Realizing they spending all this time on beta.

Grinding needless exp.

Just waiting for live.

Not helping beta.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow this was a super hard call,
people not trying for a beta?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

OP's insight is amazing.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
several antagonizing
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

LOL the amount of no life spergbeard neckwolfs that exist in the p99 universe is just amazing.

YOU FOOLS UNGRATEFUL ******S WASTE 200000 hours testing beta then we will have our dreams. FUCK NO, if you want help testing pvp mechanics in an arena, fire it up, auto lvl people, fuck make a tourney out of it, but fuck off with the nut riding its making me sad for the human race.

people are not playing beta because

A) its being wiped holy shit you people are nuts
B) shit has been crashing and its frustrating as fuck when you already know its being wiped anyways
C) its all about the quick action fun low lvl pvps, past that range there isn't too much to do accept camp pixels that will be wiped into nothingness forever along with your time

thank you, cya on server good pals!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Open the server early to characters who participated in the beta
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open the server early to characters who participated in the beta
trololololololol
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

I'll start beta testing when they give me the means to do so. Leveling and gearing up is what I'll do when the server goes live. Null isn't in my timezone so spending all day logged in just to hope he does some tests when I'm on is not very tempting. It's been a week now with faux-beta consisting solely of a 10x XP bonus, and as we can see, it has resulted in zero feedback about the things that actually need serious testing. Testing is being neglected because people don't want to spend considerable time leveling up the characters they're going to spend even more time leveling all over again when the server goes live, or camping the same items they'll be camping later when it matters. I know I'm not spending a couple of weeks burning myself out on leveling before the server even opens. I'd be testing every day if they gave me the tools to do it. Now that people have had a week to masturbate over their level 12 mage ganks or their poopsocked level 50 beta characters, I say it's time to move on to the real beta phase and get everyone in on it instead of fifty people who just wanted a head start.

Put an NPC in each city that bumps your level to x, with x being increased by 10 levels every four days or so. Also make this NPC max all your skills and give you every spell for your class.

Put a vendor next to that NPC with free gear of the kind that can be obtained at the current testing level, aiming for specific resist breakpoints that match what most people will have at that level.

Take some zone that nobody ever goes to, like Kerra Isle, and set it no-PvP with /duel enabled and put an NPC at the entrance that casts a +500 HP/mana regen buff that fades if you leave the zone.

There you go, people can now test exactly what they want and provide feedback either by PvPing for fun wherever they want or by hard-testing resists and other mechanics in Kerra Isle. All of the feedback that has already been provided and all the bugs that have been found would have been discovered anyway, and probably much more if people didn't have to spend most of their time killing mobs or farming plat for spells. We know the PvE game works, it has been perfected over the course of two years on p99. PvP is what we're here to test, so making us slug through PvE to enable our beta characters to conduct tests is rather pointless.
Last edited by Bockscar; 10-04-2011 at 08:13 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WAAAAAAAAAAH 10x IS TOO SLOW WAAAAAAAAAAAH IM A HUGE FUCKING PUSSY THAT CANT HANDLE IT
We get it. There are about 6 or 7 threads up now where you people cry about how hard Red99 is rocking your vagina.

Deal with it.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll start beta testing when they give me the means to do so. Leveling and gearing up is what I'll do when the server goes live. Null isn't in my timezone so spending all day logged in just to hope he does some tests when I'm on is not very tempting. It's been a week now with faux-beta consisting solely of a 10x XP bonus, and as we can see, it has resulted in zero feedback about the things that actually need serious testing. Testing is being neglected because people don't want to spend considerable time leveling up the characters they're going to spend even more time leveling all over again when the server goes live, or camping the same items they'll be camping later when it matters. I know I'm not spending a couple of weeks burning myself out on leveling before the server even opens. I'd be testing every day if they gave me the tools to do it. Now that people have had a week to masturbate over their level 12 mage ganks or their poopsocked level 50 beta characters, I say it's time to move on to the real beta phase and get everyone in on it instead of fifty people who just wanted a head start.

Put an NPC in each city that bumps your level to x, with x being increased by 10 levels every four days or so. Also make this NPC max all your skills and give you every spell for your class.

Put a vendor next to that NPC with free gear of the kind that can be obtained at the current testing level, aiming for specific resist breakpoints that match what most people will have at that level.

Take some zone that nobody ever goes to, like Kerra Isle, and set it no-PvP with /duel enabled and put an NPC at the entrance that casts a +500 HP/mana regen buff that fades if you leave the zone.

There you go, people can now test exactly what they want and provide feedback either by PvPing for fun wherever they want or by hard-testing resists and other mechanics in Kerra Isle. All of the feedback that has already been provided and all the bugs that have been found would have been discovered anyway, and probably much more if people didn't have to spend most of their time killing mobs or farming plat for spells. We know the PvE game works, it has been perfected over the course of two years on p99. PvP is what we're here to test, so making us slug through PvE to enable our beta characters to conduct tests is rather pointless.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I am pretty sure he is taking it slowly guys. He is working on a big patch with hit boxes / fixing the pvp lvl range / tweaking resistances plus a ton of other shit have you seen the pvp bug forum? Its huge.

He will put in the increase xp venders etc once he gets some other shit done I am sure. I know for a fact I will try a few classes with super xp gain. Atm its just too rough. I am looking forward to leveling up in the real game but I dont feel like diminishing it by having to do it all over again.

Right now he is working on low level pvp dynamics. He will open up higher levels when hes ready.

He being the developers.
Closed Thread