Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a slap on the wrist for people confirmed hacking
a ban without appeal for someone who might have been 2boxing

wat
Ive read a few posts in this thread talking about a bunch of peeople who were caught blatantly hacking or somethign and admitted it? And no ban?.. this must have occured after our accounts were banned, what happened?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

The rule is don't do it at all. You can't have someone take a long break while you play both chars. If neither *ever* move at the same time and she watched you for days... I mean this kind of falls into the "my son wants to play" and you get caught deal to me. I mean it wasn't one occasion, it is for *days*.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol our familys two main accounts were banned
Doesn't sound like you are genuinely upset by what happened, considering you are laughing about it... and the fact that you go on to say "lol" 13 more times in your original post....

...Man I thought lol was something we type when we are "laughing out loud" at something?!! Oh how times have changed...
Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Kobold

lol...
Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Kobold

First of all, thank you to all the people so far that have posted thier support and well wishes. Its greatly appreciated =) And the one or two people that have the opinion that I may be, or am lying, I honeslty respect your view of the situation,I just disagree with you regarding this issue=)

As far as the fewlolz l00k at mez!I g0nna post some randomn a$$ hateful nonsense" board troll remarks, We knew from any previous public board posting, regardless of the content, that posting in the open forums would inevetibly have a few of these gems of wisdom sprinkled in. No harm no foul, just ignored.

Then there are the posts that are unfortunately a lot more harmful as they will distort a remark or sentence, imply something that is complete fiction, or take one sentence/remark out of context, or even put words in other's mouths to try (and unfortunately sometimes succeed) and make pple believe its already a forgone fact;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule is don't do it at all. You can't have someone take a long break while you play both chars. If neither *ever* move at the same time and she watched you for days... I mean this kind of falls into the "my son wants to play" and you get caught deal to me. I mean it wasn't one occasion, it is for *days*.
A lot of the time it will come across as a rational viewpoint/opinion, But in reality Its the same hateful bull%^$# as the idiot flamers, just a more intelligent, coherent version of it. These posters put a lot more effort into being vindictive douchebags. generally all you have to do though is take a look at any of their previous posts to realize that all they do is aredently disagree, slam, insult,and flame people for some unfathomable reason. Theres rarely, if ever, a positive remark out of thier mouths. Unfortunately, they can keep up thier hateful ways because people wont or are unable to take the time to closer look at the poster, and put thier comment into perspective.

These posters will convieniently leave out everything else... like the fact that I was the one that said she informed us she was watching for days after we suggested she made a hasty decision.

And that not one single scrap of supporting evidence was offered, just more "my decision is final and thats that" comments. Anyway as far as that goes, I think the "this wasn't a hasty, badly made decision, i have been watching for days' was just a baseless defensive reaction to having her decision questioned.

I could not have been watched for days not moving or whatever on two different characters because it did not happen. Any check of server logs would more then verify that I would think.

I am hoping the powers that be will get around to looking into this at some point, I understand they are pretty busy testing and stuff.

From any interaction i've had with the "management" on this server -they seem pretty on the ball and fair, I can't see them not even granting the dignity of a response.

A lot posts ive read in this thread and others have said that Amelinda has never done anything good for anyone and basically just runs around gleefully abusing the little power she has, punishing people.

Although I apreciate the sentiment of support (thank you =),and lord knows im not her biggest fan, lol, I think that stating she never helps anyone may be an exxageration.. at least i hope it is, or someone has burned out from the thankless masses and needs a break.
In Amelinda's defence, being a guide or GM or even an officer or leader of a guild is generally a thankless job. You can't make everyone happy and most people just remember the negative things and forget the good. Or think that some decision made opposite thier viewpoint was personal and aimed directly at them. Often there is a percieved personal slight or grudge that you have no idea about and never intended and for the next month or so this person will argue every decision you make, regardless of the merit, just out of spite.

This being said, i truely believe our bans were a mistake, and was not personal at all. i don't believe we were targeted.

I think that maybe a hasty opinion was made..(who knows, guides are human, maybe she was just having a bad day) .. and square pegs were hammered into round holes to fit that original opinion.

I am hoping she can put aside whatever defensive reflex is holding her back and take a logical, unbiased look at the situation and facts, or Rogean or any other guide can look at this and come to thier own opinion as well.

I understand the need for public continuity in leadership decisions,...

so again, I will keep quietly checking my pm's and we will keep checking the accounts that were banned to see if they have been reinstated, and we will never bring this up again if we are allowed to come back.
In fact ,we will oddly enough; have a complete memory loss about this if asked, heh, just please, please let us play again =/

Surely someone has had a helpful, positive experience with Amelinda, where she helped someone in need?
Last edited by Froog; 10-14-2011 at 02:43 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

To the OP: you have made your statement, why are you still posting? Hopefully you posted also in the appropriate forum....it either will be ignored or you will contacted. You made a post here and it will be ignored or acted upon by the devs that have shown in the past that they do read in here.

Can you not now just let it alone? Do you have an urge to respond to everyone who can do absolutely nothing to help you?

I don't get it. And please don't respond to this post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Froog, do you blame your 7 year old any time you get caught doing something wrong?

"Sorry officer, I was only speeding because my child is incontinent and we have to rush home to the bathroom."
Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the OP: you have made your statement, why are you still posting? Hopefully you posted also in the appropriate forum....it either will be ignored or you will contacted. You made a post here and it will be ignored or acted upon by the devs that have shown in the past that they do read in here.

Can you not now just let it alone? Do you have an urge to respond to everyone who can do absolutely nothing to help you?

I don't get it. And please don't respond to this post

You ask him a question... then you tell him to not respond to your question? how asinine can one possibly get?

plz dont respond to my question
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

This whole thread is sad in a way I can't begin to explain.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

To OP:

You said this has been (you fighting the ban) going on for months. So this public post is some attempt to put pressure on the devs to get things changed I take it.

You are basically insinuating the guide is wrong and has it out to get you (for no apparent reason). This whole thread is just a publicity campagin to garner sympathy, and useing your "kids" to further that.

You were monitored for a long time before your ban, you got caught. The guide is not out to get you, did not make stuff up to ensnare you, and you have not even "gotten the dignity of a response" from the devs because your case had and has no merit.

I'm glad you posted this though, hopefully it will deter other potential boxers from 2boxing. I'm all for making all crimes and punishments public (as I posted a thread on before). Baring that, I'd like to see all you criminals "confess" in threads similar to this, it will cut down on future rule breaking.

P.S. Amelinda, keep on keeping on. I picture you as Wonder Woman, flying around Norath in your invisible Jet machine gunning cheaters down.
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-14-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Closed Thread