Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Large Rat

Default Starting as an Iksar - Bad Idea?

Hey all, I'm a long time EQ player, but new to P99. I've decided to start my first toon as an Iksar Shaman .. but it's been so long that I don't remember if faction issues were a huge problem for me back when I played an Iksar during Kunark era.

I'd think most of the popular early-mid level grouping spots (which I assume is important to the rate and ease of levelling for a low level shaman) are on the main continents due to ease of getting there for most races. My question is would I have problems getting/binding near these areas as an iksar to level with others? Or would I pretty much have to stick to Kunark zones for a while in order to not get ganked by any wandering guards?

And while I'm at it, any useful, shaman friendly tips, or quests to do, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the subject.
P.S - If you see me in-game, feel free to send me a tell saying hi! :3
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

It's very easy to bind in zones but can be a bit of a pain selling/banking/getting spells and all that.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Banned

Iksar shaman's cant wear planar gear or kunark Jaundiced set (No nuking bracer for joo).. till like next expansion, so imo i would suggest not playing that race to start off. Better to maybe play ogre since you wont get hit stun from the front and have a bigger Sta/HP pool to canni off plus that race is on the main land where other people lvl up there toons at.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Large Rat

Hmm, not being able to use Jaundiced is definately something I overlooked .. problem is I really am not fond of the other races that can be a shaman lol. May need to think about whether I value looks/lore over gear/efficiency heh. Are there really -any- benefits of being an iksar shm over the other races that can be a shaman?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, not being able to use Jaundiced is definately something I overlooked .. problem is I really am not fond of the other races that can be a shaman lol. May need to think about whether I value looks/lore over gear/efficiency heh. Are there really -any- benefits of being an iksar shm over the other races that can be a shaman?
Ogres are the most charming race in Norrath. I simply can not fathom why you wouldn't want to be an ogre shaman. I can't fathom why everyone on project 1999 isn't an ogre.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogres are the most charming race in Norrath. I simply can not fathom why you wouldn't want to be an ogre shaman. I can't fathom why everyone on project 1999 isn't an ogre.
Well if I hadn't fallen in love with Iksars since they came out, my next choice would have been an ogre you see ... it's just been a while since I've played an iksar when all that was out was kunark. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Though I might just go for ogre as it is. Stun immunity sounds great for soloing.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, no. Iksar is possibly the worst race choice for a shaman.

lol wut
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be willing to RMT a kidney for an ogre monk. Just sayin'
Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

yes
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Binding shouldn't be too much of a worry, level 12 isn't that hard to achieve. As for JBB, meh... 8 second cast time for a 263dmg nuke /woo *twirl finger*

Iksars are bamf and I'm a sucker for AC and regen.

However, keep in mind exp penalties if you're just starting out, do you really want to be hindered by exp penalties?

Depends on what you plan on doing end game, raiding or soloing or grouping.
Closed Thread