Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Kobold

yessir i shall
Old 04-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Yea I think the beta is just a small teaser of like 1/3 of the first Act. I am most definitely buying it (pre-order download, none of that CE bullshit). Worst that happens is its a letdown, but only $60 so what the hey.

I've also sworn off looking at any videos of the Beta or trying to get involved in the Beta. I want the first time I play to be on May 15th 100% fresh so I can enjoy it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Kobold

i support this thread
Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Add me?

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Kobold

I'm scared to try this... I played for a very long time on d2, and I don't want the image of the diablo series I had from back then ruined.
---
Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm scared to try this... I played for a very long time on d2, and I don't want the image of the diablo series I had from back then ruined.
things change man, sorry! gotta adapt or die.

d2 after-all was like d1's little sister as far as atmosphere and challenge goes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSUM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
d3 runs like poop on my craptop
It won't even run on mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

I pre-ordered a couple weeks ago, Just because it was a diablo game. I did get to dive into the open beta for a little while. It was pretty good, as most would say alot different from diablo 2, which I was expecting anyways (rip blizzard north).

I think my pre-order is justified after getting a little hands on action. As the game has changed alot even since they started marketing diablo 3. The most important one to me was the environment.

I remember when they had just started releasing little diablo 3 teaser videos and pics (2008), and there was RAINBOWS in my Diablo!!! I nerd raged pretty hard, but it seems like they did tone down the bright colors enough to my liken.

tldr: Cant wait for 15th of May [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am most definitely buying it (pre-order download, none of that CE bullshit). Worst that happens is its a letdown, but only $60 so what the hey..
Dude big mistake. I bought 2 Collector's Editions of the game. I sold 1 for $365.00 on eBayUK, and the other one on Amazon for $480.00

I'll pick up the standard edition on May 15th.
Last edited by thedjnikki; 04-24-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

d2 after-all was like d1's little sister as far as atmosphere and challenge goes
I don't think this person has ever played Diablo 2, one of the best games ever created. Lord of Destruction was one of the Top 5 best expansions for any game ever created. I would only put Kunark and Velious on the same kind of level automatically. Diablo 1 was primitive and simplistic, more for teens. Diablo 2 was rich and strategically complex, and was for gamers.

The kind of atmosphere I saw in Diablo 3 was actually very intense and dark. That part of the game was not at all lacking. It was however laggy as hell and graphically not that intense on the (lowest) settings I used with an HD 4670, 2.5g dual core with 6gb ddr3. It will be interesting to see what they can do with that. Because that's actually our GOOD computer.
Closed Thread