Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GET OFF MY LAWN

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was gonna start working on a paper I have to write... but i saw this picture.. and am now going to download znes and this .rom. FTW.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get off MY lawn, youngin'!
This is the only worthwhile post in this entire thread.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I posted my top 10 RPG list in 2006 on the FOH boards:

"1. ffvii
2. chronotrigger
3. symphony of the night
4. suikoden II
5. breath of fire III
6. xenogear
7. ffiii
8. star ocean II (look, i agree with you and i'm sorry)
9. ocarina of time (if that doesn't count then Fallout II)
10. everquest "
Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

oooo i forgot all about Breath of Fire III. Anyone ever play any of the dragonquest games?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted my top 10 RPG list in 2006 on the FOH boards:

"1. ffvii
2. chronotrigger
3. symphony of the night
4. suikoden II
5. breath of fire III
6. xenogear
7. ffiii
8. star ocean II (look, i agree with you and i'm sorry)
9. ocarina of time (if that doesn't count then Fallout II)
10. everquest "
Baller status earned.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Wizardry 5 people. l2map with graphing paper!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

good list azeth and sotn is greatest game of all time imo
Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's crazy talk. The "anyone can be anything" party system allows you to replay with different class combinations or even put self-imposed restrictions on yourself (like the solo challenge, the pure class challenges, etc.). Even FF7 has more strict class structure than FFT. Yes, FFT may not have all of the extra side stuff to do of some of the other Final Fantasies, but its a great plot and the class system adds an amazing amount of replay value.
I think what I disliked most about FF7 is that it started the whole "every character can have the same abilities as everyone else" that really destroyed individuality besides weapons and limit breaks. FF10 and FF12 had these systems too, but at least FF7 didn't have a complete shit storyline and cast of characters like those games.

RPG gameplay is pretty damn basic, the only thing that you really have control over to give you an edge is character customization. This is why games like FF1, FF3j, and FF5 didn't have to have super compelling storylines; they were fun because you could play them over and over with different class combinations.

Then you have games like FF4j and FF6j, where each character is "locked in to" a specific class. This worked for these games because they were driven by the storyline and characters. If you were able to turn Terra into a Berserker, the game wouldn't make much sense.

Unfortunately now we're given Final Fantasy titles devoid of character customization, interesting plotlines, or interesting characters. Buying a Final Fantasy game since 9 (the last good one) is like getting on a bullet train and flying straight into a pile of liquid shit.

lol wut
Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what I disliked most about FF7 is that it started the whole "every character can have the same abilities as everyone else" that really destroyed individuality besides weapons and limit breaks. FF10 and FF12 had these systems too, but at least FF7 didn't have a complete shit storyline and cast of characters like those games.

RPG gameplay is pretty damn basic, the only thing that you really have control over to give you an edge is character customization. This is why games like FF1, FF3j, and FF5 didn't have to have super compelling storylines; they were fun because you could play them over and over with different class combinations.

Then you have games like FF4j and FF6j, where each character is "locked in to" a specific class. This worked for these games because they were driven by the storyline and characters. If you were able to turn Terra into a Berserker, the game wouldn't make much sense.

Unfortunately now we're given Final Fantasy titles devoid of character customization, interesting plotlines, or interesting characters. Buying a Final Fantasy game since 9 (the last good one) is like getting on a bullet train and flying straight into a pile of liquid shit.
I liked FF12 up until i no longer had to do anything but move my characters around. They were unbeatable. I literally drove them around and owned every fucking thing in the game.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

do not get me started on castlevania azeth

rondo is NOT god!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Closed Thread