Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only Paladins can equip it, anyone can use the charges from inventory. This has nothing to do with quickly recharging something at a vendor. It'd be a waste to use it in pvp for bragging rights. It'd be useful for finishing up tanking a mob when another raid force tries to kill you from behind while engaged on something to free up your healers etc.

Soulfire's fine. Drain soul, shock of swords and conflag wands are pretty rare and you need to get two of them to drop. I recharged conflag wands on live (full one on an alt, main one on me) and on a no drop server, a sunstrike + a wand dump was enough to kill really anything. An ice comet + wand dump would be really brutal too, almost definitely a kill on a lower resistance target. I'd see these as a nice thing to have. By the time a group has 2 wands (btw you have to have 2 people involved they're lore), resist gear should be pretty abundant.

That said, I'm still in favor of fixing item recharges on vendors.

Seems pretty obvious you didn't play during the live era. Soulfires are absolutely worth using in pvp encounters. Pandemonium used them to win a best of the best tournament against people who had them severely out geared.

Furthermore Golem wands are going to be recharged like fucking crazy, which is personally my biggest problem with item recharging on a pvp server. A soulfire still takes a lot of effort, a golem wand does not and can completely and easily change the outcome of a pvp encounter.

The nuke wands are a big deal as well especially since they are practically a common drop and you'll only need you and a pal to have them for the rest of your play time. If item recharging is left in everyone will be forced to do it in order to stay competitive and the game will devolve into a contest of how many instant cast clickies you have.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

I am mostbitter about golem wands.

no but really, total horseshit classic or not.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

I saw all of 0 Soulfire clicks used in pvp on RZ until Kringe started carrying one on his warrior. This was of course after Lucan became a more regular spawn. Full guilds won't be carrying them to contest spawns every week, let alone duke it out at the Lavastorm druid portal or wtfever.

To win a best of the best? Yeah sure, great. To use on a wipe your ass with it basis? It's gonna run out real fast bud.

Oh and just for the sake of mentioning it, you know Rallos won the Test of Tactics, right?

Ssok (the Strategist's) weapon for winning.
Last edited by Nirgon; 11-10-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Orc

Just did a group PvP. Stuns and Roots CCing people with a bard in group @ 180MR. As beneficial as it was to me, that's just not right. What's the point of resists at that rate?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Pretty ridiculous. Not sure what good armor is or even resists at this point.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Banned

Big Null, any word on if you intend to change root/stun/snare etc. Armor I think is a given whenever you can get it nailed down.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just did a group PvP. Stuns and Roots CCing people with a bard in group @ 180MR. As beneficial as it was to me, that's just not right. What's the point of resists at that rate?
How long were the stuns and roots lasting?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Orc

Few seconds, when someones strafing around its very challenging to get hits in, those seconds drop people like flys. Literally, in a group thats running all around chasing someone, the stun will pause them for 2-3 seconds which is enough for the 3 or so melee to get maybe 2 combat rounds a piece, which can be enough to drop a caster entirely or take them to maybe 20%? A second or two might not seem like a big deal but it really is.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Few seconds, when someones strafing around its very challenging to get hits in, those seconds drop people like flys. Literally, in a group thats running all around chasing someone, the stun will pause them for 2-3 seconds which is enough for the 3 or so melee to get maybe 2 combat rounds a piece, which can be enough to drop a caster entirely or take them to maybe 20%? A second or two might not seem like a big deal but it really is.
yea thats why i said stuns and roots/snares need to be 95% or more resisted when u hit the 150 MR point...some idiots like lovely apparently thinnk they need to be somewhat left in at 75%...right now stuns are like 50% with 150mr or something totally crazy
Old 11-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

enable classic spellbook meditate

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread