Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't even have it installed. Playing HoN now to kill the time until this goes live. =/
always so much hate from the hon guys. meanwhile league of legends players are being men about it and playing 5v5s
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't really want to admit this but I have 5 legacy accounts between 1815-1880 =P

Edit: HPT most of my hate for LoL players comes from the fact that they think LoL is a competitive game. (In before you haven't played LoL; because I have, a bunch it's fun to solo queue in LoL because 90 percent of the players are total trash and even with my limited experience I can shit on level 30's in mid with a level 5 account =D)
Last edited by Rob; 10-10-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

well... league of legends did add ranked games so now you are paired with others at your same rating via a cool draft mode char pick. I am sitting at 1450 and most games are really fun and competative.
Not to mention there are a ton of characters to choose from all relatively balanced well.

I bought and played HoN for a while. It was still fun and honestly some mechanics made it harder than league such as MUCH longer range on peoples skills. I just disliked the mechanics of HoN a bit more than League and felt like HoN wasn't quite to the polish that League had. This was like months ago though.
Last edited by Crenshinabon; 10-10-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well... league of legends did add ranked games so now you are paired with others at your same rating. I am sitting at 1450 and most games are really fun and competative.
Not to mention there are a ton of characters to choose from all relativly balanced well.

I bought and played HoN for a while. It was still fun and honestly some mechanics made it harder than league such as MUCH longer range on peoples skills. I just disliked the mechanics of HoN a bit more than League so I play League.
It's not that the skills/spells have a longer range it's that LoL and Dota2's point of view is much larger then HoN. Of course team fighting is a required skill but that's pretty much a given, the difference between HoN and LoL is that there are many other skills (Denying, creep stacking/pulling, proper warding (that is to say that warding in LoL is cheap and by that I mean doesn't cost a bunch of gold.)

However the most important factor in my opinion is the lack of a meta game in LoL. Every competitive game see's two solos and a jungle where as HoN's meta is constantly shifting and there are several viable strategies one can employ to achieve victory at the higher echelons of the game.

The hard truth is the mechanics that you don't like are the ones that require more player ability and if you are bad at them and you are playing against someone who is good at them you stand no chance. So the skill gap is much higher, however the potential to win a game by simply out playing your opponent rather than out farming them exists on a much larger scale then you could ever hope to see in LoL.

The only reason LoL is currently more popular than HoN and probably will be for a long time is because it is newbie friendly and has relatively low graphic requirements so all the poor thai kids can play.

HoN is a faster paced game with many more skill based mechanics that most bads can't handle. Sorry!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

add me so we can play... ryte naow
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Large Rat

HoN is faster paced? You obviously haven't played LoL...

Meta game? Just because your noob public games have no meta doesn't mean the competitive scene also doesn't have a meta. You should watch some tournaments sometime.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Who's playin lol I got a 30 act with fid xin and a few others I play on nights msg me
Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Rob, I do agree and see what you mean with the jungle and creep deny. Every game does not require a jungle and denying creeps adds some difficulty.

The only thing I would argue is about the pace. Most champs mana consumption was outrageous. You use a spell twice and you are oom for a good few minutes. This made people not use skills in the lane and just focus on last hits etc. I did not like this at all. Lots of champs would not do anything until a few minutes into the game where you unload your mana bar in 1 attempt to kill the enemy player.

League I am constantly harassing and using abilities the entire lane phase which I like.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I will agree that spamming abilities is fun but until you have a massive farm none of the abilities are really that lethal. With the combination of the summoner skill blink it's almost impossible to punish your opponent for being out of position early on in the game. When I say punish I mean kill. As for HoN abilities taking a lot of mana? Yeah it's a damn shame if you whiff all your "SKILLS" that you are going to be in a terrible position but as a whole HoN is much much much more lethal that LoL.

Jarl: If you continue to respond in an idiotic nature then I will never respond to you again. I said LoL has ONE META which is true 2 solos 1 jungle 1 dual lane and it's been that way since the beginning of time and since you can't seem to look past your own reality (The way you perceive things) let me site some more proof! Maybe you are familiar with the LoL player Chu8? Well in case you didn't know Chu is one of the better HoN players in the world and quit HoN to go play LoL and having never played LoL was rank #1 on the solo ladder in less then a month and promptly quit.

I understand that you probably consider yourself a skilled LoL player and it's hard for you to consider that you are just a average minor league baseball player son. The only way you can make it to the majors is by realizing your stuck in the minors.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I remember when dojii rage removed hpt from his LOL friends list. hes also pretty terrible at the game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]