Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Default Rerolling since the merg SHA or Cleric?

Hey guys so Ive always done this since 2010, I have sooo many accounts hahaa but anyways with the merge groups are going to be plenty not forcing you to always solo and with that in mind ive decided to either make a Shammy or a Cleric...what do you guys think will be needed more? what one do you think I should choose and why? Ill be honest I want to play them both but will only time for one and cant pick! help me out community! what one do you think? cheers guys!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Clerics als alwais in hi demand for rotate complete heals.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

SHM if you plan on soloing past classic, Cleric if you wanna log on and always be useful for a raid. Both good for groups.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SHM if you plan on soloing past classic, Cleric if you wanna log on and always be useful for a raid. Both good for groups.
yes yes, I think the difference is that one can solo and one can but not effectively lol but there's always a place for these classes, its a tough choice lol SHM seems more appealing than the cleric just for that solo reason. ive just grown bored of tanking and not being able to solo during the off hours because im on way more than a grown man should be haha, thanks for the input! its appreciated
Old 01-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Aviak

In the same boat and I lvl'ed a Druid, Sham, and CLeric to about 20 just so I know what I would like to finish out to 50. Yes I know all 3 classes get stronger the higher they are but you still get a feel early on how they play.

Shaman (Troll)

Pros:

I had fun and soloing was not hard. I felt I could take a hit better then with the Druid or Cleric. Also the melee slow was nice when you face tank a mob. Root/Rot was also straight forward and was slow but steady dmg. I love having SOW from lvl 9 and felt it was over all fun.

Cons:

My healing sucks and I know it gets better but always been one circle behind a Cleric makes a difference. I also know wayyy wayy down the road Torpor would be an issue and if I main this guy I may never get that spell if I don't start hording plat now. Missed the self porting I had on 20 Druid for quick traveling.

Cleric (Halfling)

Pros:

I could heal myself and had a good HP buff. Some nasty nukes vs undead and make up for the terrible melee dmg I was doing. Not super gear dependent and I don't expect any major spell been impossible to acquire. Eventually I would get rez but that's about it.

Cons:

I try to solo at lvl 10 like I did on my Druid/Sham.... boy was that hard. I can kill a mob but it's slow and takes ages to recover after a single fight. Also the lack of basic utility spells was noticeable. No invs spell to sneak past mobs to get to a group in a dungeon, no SOW, limited to needing a group for most of the time.
Last edited by Kron; 01-20-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Closed Thread