Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

The server works brilliantly as a nostalgia fix and gaming museum, especially with good friends...

Most healthy people, even the biggest history/art nerds don't try to turn their favourite trip down memory lane into some kinda obsession with all waking hours at their favourite museum in the world. The ones that do fall in love with a particular museum and are decently well adjusted individuals may get a job or volunteer there. In many other cases, they will turn their passion into many different facets of their life but still have a life outside their favourite museum or style of art/architecture, time in history etc.

There are many ways to have to have Everquest and P99 as part of a well-balanced and healthy diet of life activities, heck even among many games wirh friends if y'all just love video games or have an addiction or intense love of games like I sometimes do.

Enjoy and love P99 as the nostalgia gaming museum it is, don't take the peer pressure from the unhealthy shut-ins in some of the high end guilds and let them convert you into one of them.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverHawk1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least you guys can play at all.. I play blue and this patch has screwed something up for me and after following all the fix suggestions in the Tech forum for the spells_us.txt thread I still cant get pasts the character select screen. I just get a link that takes me to a page that I do not have permission to view..

Same here. I have loaded the patch four times already and still the same message on the player screen.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:36 PM
Server GM

Make sure you are downloading the new files & extracting it to your project 1999 install location. White list the dsetup.dll since it might be getting deleted from a false anti virus flag.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've been spread out for a while now, logging on last night and seeing all the old faces showed me that were all still very interested in playing there... Maybe this was all part of their plan. Lol
Hahah if so it would be brilliant! ive honestly thought about coming back to red myself, that or just re rolling a priest class, shammy or cleric! I cant choose lol[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 12:54 PM
Large Rat

Hey I logged on today after the merge and my Characters are no longer available, 35 Bard and 16 Mage, I did extract Patch Files and Copied and Paste in my EQ folder... Please contact me via EMAIL will helpful advise thank you
Old 01-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBee88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I logged on today after the merge and my Characters are no longer available, 35 Bard and 16 Mage, I did extract Patch Files and Copied and Paste in my EQ folder... Please contact me via EMAIL will helpful advise thank you
is it just a bunch of characters you made to save names? if so delete some and they will eventually pop up, hope this helps you!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If this were reddit i'd give you fucking Platinum. Spot on. 100% true. And excellent advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server works brilliantly as a nostalgia fix and gaming museum, especially with good friends...

Most healthy people, even the biggest history/art nerds don't try to turn their favourite trip down memory lane into some kinda obsession with all waking hours at their favourite museum in the world. The ones that do fall in love with a particular museum and are decently well adjusted individuals may get a job or volunteer there. In many other cases, they will turn their passion into many different facets of their life but still have a life outside their favourite museum or style of art/architecture, time in history etc.

There are many ways to have to have Everquest and P99 as part of a well-balanced and healthy diet of life activities, heck even among many games wirh friends if y'all just love video games or have an addiction or intense love of games like I sometimes do.

Enjoy and love P99 as the nostalgia gaming museum it is, don't take the peer pressure from the unhealthy shut-ins in some of the high end guilds and let them convert you into one of them.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Large Rat

Hey no I have one MAIN BARD lvl 35 and one ALT MAGE lvl 16, after logging in and choosing Green Server, which is the only server ive been on, comes the screen asking to create character and all slots are New Character, confused and hoping to resolve this issue......
Old 01-20-2020, 01:16 PM
Large Rat

Smile nevermind things sorted themselves out

Just Re-copied and Paste the New P53 Patch files and for some reason worked... Characters Restored Thanks..
Old 01-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBee88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey no I have one MAIN BARD lvl 35 and one ALT MAGE lvl 16, after logging in and choosing Green Server, which is the only server ive been on, comes the screen asking to create character and all slots are New Character, confused and hoping to resolve this issue......
Im sorry to hear that, I would certainly contact support for this issue. theres a section on the forums for things like this, hope you get it figured out.