Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Skeleton

Smile Ruining the game

Probably this has been discussed previously. Sorry it has been so I havent seen it.

You have a dungeon like Unrest. There are camped there some twinked PKs and less non twinked. When they have 2 min in their lifes, they log in, make /who and go for the poor guy that is hunting in the zone. Kill achieved. Great. Wonderful.

Of course I am not complaining about Pvp (obvious). I just say that this kind of pvp is pretty unfair.

I have been in Unrest 3 days. I have never grouped with the same guys. Only once. People come one time and doesnt return. Normal.

The end of that is Unrest is a dead zone (not for the undead roaming around)

Again, is obvious a dungeon is as good as any other zone to pvp. I am not talking about that. Not even how unfair and dishonorable is twinked hunt, no, I am not talking about that though I could do it.

I am talking of how someone with no effort destroys the time of other players. And dont tell me this is PVP because is not. And I am also talking on the consequences this behaviour has for the game. In short term, basically only affects the poor noobs pkilled. But in the long term it may have consequences, bad ones, for the game.

Which lesson do you learn? Level your toon, create a twinked low level toon and camp him somewhere like Unrest and funny hunt. I Am not going to do it but the message is that. The other lesson is dishonor is what counts and this can end in dishonorable stile of play.

So what do you think? Something should be done? Or just leave it as it is?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Banned

Youre new around here are you

I would guess youre a blue import because of join date and you think talkin sense here works?

They dont care about server health, they just want their cheap lulz
Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Skeleton

Default ruining the game

I have been playing in the pve server. I tried a couple times to play in the pvp server but I left it with level 5 or so.

Now I have come with intention to play here long time. But yes in this server I am a noob.

Of course I know how things work and go, I am not new in this world. But I never lose hope of changing things.

PD.- My low level of posts doesnt mean I dont play much. It only means I am not a strong poster. I read a lot but write few.
Last edited by Telesforo; 08-01-2014 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Add coment I forgot
Old 08-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Kobold

Lol..mrbigs deleveled epic rogue in unrest..

ive been getting pked by twink alts since level 4
..its part of the pvp servers..even back on live.

though I agree it may affect population.
Many of the druids do help noobs.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Kobold

More population will also equal more twink alts..
Old 08-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Banned

Most of the twinks come from the #1 guild

ruining others day makes their day better

they are all sore winners as you can read from the forums

they will grief you til you either join them or quit the server

they can't handle pvp on their mains so they have to control unrest and other noob zones
Old 08-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Please keep the same rule of thumb that applies to tweets when making posts here. 160 characters or less or nobody reads it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telesforo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I never lose hope of changing things.
Abandon all hope is my advice. Unless the server sees a miraculous sudden influx of non-toxic people things arent gonna change.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

understand that this is not something that the majority of the server participates in. that being said, i can think of a few resolutions.

one:
start a guild of players in your same situation, maybe make a coalition with porters who will be happy to log over and relocate groups of you to different locations. strength is to be found in numbers.

two: contact the twink that PK'd you and let them know how their actions made you feel. generally these griefers are only interested in rage, but if you calmly explain how their actions made you feel then perhaps you will be able to change their minds.

as some have said, this is just the way it is here. eventually, said neckbeard will die IRL, and unrest may yet know a time of peace.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
understand that this is not something that the majority of the server participates in. that being said, i can think of a few resolutions.

one:
start a guild of players in your same situation, maybe make a coalition with porters who will be happy to log over and relocate groups of you to different locations. strength is to be found in numbers.

two: contact the twink that PK'd you and let them know how their actions made you feel. generally these griefers are only interested in rage, but if you calmly explain how their actions made you feel then perhaps you will be able to change their minds.

as some have said, this is just the way it is here. eventually, said neckbeard will die IRL, and unrest may yet know a time of peace.
Three: Hold off on playing here till the GMs realize that enough changes have occurred to warrant a fresh start. Red99 still in pre-alpha.
Closed Thread