Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, my name is Bob and I have never made it past level 25. There I said it. I feel a heavy weight has been lifted off of me.

I have played Everquest in the past yet can't seem to get past the low levels. Maybe it's not knowing where to group. Maybe it's not being in a guild. I would love to group up with a few chaps or chapets and level in different spots.

What usually happens, I get excited in the beginning. Oh the possibilities.. the adventures to be had. No, just me searching for a group for a long time and then with afk players in boring open outdoor zones. Places like E. Commons.

No conversation at all. How did you do it? I am not very social in real life, maybe this social awkwardness is affecting in game. There is my confession. I plan to try once again, maybe I will find my way and game till maximum level for once.

I stopped making this recommendation for some time, but for you, maybe this will work. Mark a druid, enchanter, mage, or necro on the Red server. It has increased XP rates for 1 to 50, with additional bonuses if you group with people. You'll have no problem getting past level 25 and experiencing EQ beyond that point.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 04-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Aviak

I donated like twice in 10 years and don't deserve to play this project but get to anyway

Thanks Rogean
Old 04-20-2020, 12:52 PM
Orc

Having a guild can make a huge difference - at worst it'll just add some background chatter and people to cheer for you (and for you to cheer for), at best you'll be able to find some groups and make some friends. Sanctuary has been a great no-pressure guild for me, there's no bar to "get in" other than saying "I want in".
Old 04-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback for players trying to get back into this. I think being in a guild would help a lot.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:42 PM
Kobold

I always thought the lower levels were more fun anyway.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

welcome to P99 , enjoy your stay.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Kobold

I am playing a rogue. I would love to group up with other players. In the past I usually would go to a popular zone and spam LFG for however long it takes. Is there a better way? How do you usually go about finding a group?

Some ideas:

1. post on the forum saying "hey I'll be playing tomorrow between this time and this time, anyone want to join me?"
2. Turn on LFG and hope for the best and also search for others using LFG
3. Some other established play project 1999 group calendar sign up sheet?
4 ?
Old 04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Playing a melee is hard mode you need to have the constitution of someone who alrdy loves the game to do that.

Then you will be jealous of people playing casters wiping out content you can barely handle as your melee.

I suggest as others have, shaman, necro, enchanter, druid for solo enjoyment of the game AND can group too.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

But more often for solo.. other players here like to say thee and thou and do that fey RP stuff.

It gets in the way of raiding and raiding gets in the way of solo.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a melee is hard mode you need to have the constitution of someone who alrdy loves the game to do that.

Then you will be jealous of people playing casters wiping out content you can barely handle as your melee.

I suggest as others have, shaman, necro, enchanter, druid for solo enjoyment of the game AND can group too.
I thought about one of the solo classes however I read that most need some crutches to solo such as enchanter = some invis ring w/ jboots, necro = jboots, shaman = boatload of expensive stuff. I'll be honest didn't check out druid at all. Sorry druids. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread