Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Bah, don't make a wizard. Wizards are good for small fights but once your out of mana you are done.

As far as being cheap etc. There is going to be like 400 people on this server when it goes live. If your not in the elitist guild or a zerg guild you're going to get worked. And your not getting invited into the elitist guild unless you been playing Vz/Tz's for years.

I dislike like big guilds and I have only been playing eq pvp for like 3 months on a very small server. (played eq live back in 1999-2001 era). So I figured a pet caster focused group Pve's well and is not very gear dependent and will do well in pvp.

I am one of those odd people who actually think its more important to play a character that is good 1-46 then a character that is good 46-50 in raid gear. If it takes 2 weeks played to hit 50 if you're hella focused that would equate to about 2 months playing at 5 hours a day. I don't think playing a character for 2 months, 5 hours a day, is worth it if it only pays off in the very end. (with the risk of server dieing before the pay off, due to many reasons diablo 3, Starwars mmo December 20th release, etc.)
Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Aviak

Played vztz a while and enjoyed it quite a few friends on there and played tz since original. Depending on who is playing might get an invite but I don't know. The days of non stop grinding to 50 are over might not be devoted enough for them.

Really tough to decide, playing a cleric on a pvp server is nice when everyone wants you but blows when you can't defend yourself at all.

Btw is There any advantage of a wiz over Mage really before lures on this server? Pets beat the shit out of you and mage nukes hurt nearly as bad. Obviously ports though.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Fire Giant

hi tbox
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

I would say yes on the wiz. If i recall they are much faster casting and they have stuns. also yonder is very useful.

It is a pain to level a wizard till you get bonds of force at 28? though. After that you can quad kite.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

I would play a shammy though for buffs
Last edited by Rust1d?; 10-07-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiakenjaTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say yes on the wiz. If i recall they are much faster casting and they have stuns. also yonder is very useful.

It is a pain to level a wizard till you get bonds of force at 28? though. After that you can quad kite.
You do get stuns, faster casting speed and yonder. Both pet classes get stuns with stun proc whips from split paw gnolls. Granted it can be better to have a castable stun at times. Necros get shadow step which is much like yonder. Mages get a resist debuff. For group pvp the longer the fight the better a pet class becomes over a wizard. I don't think wizards get enough additional tools to make them worth it though because they are not very good levelers. You tend to find a lot of people who like to solo or run small gank groups will play wizards heavy in pvp. If you're also in a big guild and fight in large groups wizard may also be advantageous because running out of mana will not be an issue and quick /assist dps is better then dps efficiency.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

I think a Shammy is must here due to slows and haste. Slow + 5 hasted pets = gg. Plus the shammy can sow the pets/team, vital in any pvp fight, plus can spot heal pets.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Yeah shaman is good. Sow + haste and heals and resist debuff and slow. At high lvls greater heal on pets sucks but still good to get healed in pvp and so forth.

Right now we got 3 people confirmed. Just need a couple more.

Hey DarkSinga
Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

I'll make a shammy then. Already played necro and mage to death
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I figured you were going that way.
Closed Thread