Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate all the feedback on the druid, but I'm looking more at pure casters than priests. They sound cool but I'm not a big fan of healing and I remember they do a fair amount of that.

Sounds to me like Necro/Enchanter/Mage seem to be the favorites. I'm leaning toward a Tranquil worshiping Erudite for my own rp purposes so do they make a particularly good necro, mage, or enchanter?
Assuming by Tranquil you mean Quellious, you cant be a necro.

For Quellious Enc, it might get you into trouble in some evil cities (with illusions) but I play a Bertoxx enchanter and Ive never had too much trouble.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming by Tranquil you mean Quellious, you cant be a necro.

For Quellious Enc, it might get you into trouble in some evil cities (with illusions) but I play a Bertoxx enchanter and Ive never had too much trouble.
Good point. Im less worried about the deity. Moreso like the idea of Erudite being a magical race for the pure caster. Seems cool to me.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite enchanter is a great choice. Enchanter is likely the most complicated class you could pick to start with, but will pay dividends if you spend the time to learn it, and there are some good guides / threads around that can teach you what you need to know.

Erudite necromancer is also a good choice, but Iksar is the far superior race for necromancer due to their frankly overpowered regeneration that counteracts the necro's lich hp drain, a core class ability.

If race is more important to you than class pick, go with Erudite Enchanter. If you really want to play a Necro (and I'd advise it, easier to pick up than Enchanter with most of the same fun parts), play Iksar Necro.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Eru chanter. I have one, and he did very well, and I'm no game mechanics genius. I just read the guides and watched some vids, it's not as easy as hitting 'A' over and over but it aint rocket surgery.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:06 AM
Aviak

I main an erudite enchanter, and if you've decided on Enchanter then Erudite is a good choice; the only stats that really matter are INT and CHA, and Erudites have the highest total (add 25 CHA, 5 INT at creation):

Code:
Dark Elf:  114 + 95  = 209
Erudite:   122 + 105 = 227
Gnome:     113 + 95  = 208
High Elf:  107 + 115 = 222
Human:      90 + 110 = 200
This assumes that you want to play an enchanter. It's a late-blooming class, with a lot of core functionality not maturing until the mid 40's (and some components not until near 60). Some people will prefer Magician gameplay over Enchanter, and for good reason, so I'd encourage considering Magician unless you're absolutely sure you like the Enchanter style. Erudites make excellent Magicians as well. (But if you decide on Necro, then Iksar wins out over Erudite. And don't count out gnome for mage/wiz for wallvision.)

(Note that high elves deserve an honorable mention for second place because high-end enchanter gear tends to have too much INT.)
Last edited by Ruien; 08-26-2017 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: text formatting
Old 08-26-2017, 04:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I main an erudite enchanter, and if you've decided on Enchanter then Erudite is a good choice; the only stats that really matter are INT and CHA, and Erudites have the highest total (add 25 CHA, 5 INT at creation)....
Not quite - people forget that starting agility on an erudite is 70. So you need to put 5 points in agility to make sure you have full run speed at level 1 (an important feature for a first toon), making erudites and high elves exactly even on INT+CHA
Old 08-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for all of the help guys. I ended up rolling a high elf mage based on what people were saying here and a friend set me up with a few pieces of gear to get me going. Enchanter and necro sound fun too and may roll one or both eventually but I figured Mage is a good place to start. Currently level 15 over in Kurns if anybody wants to group. Name is Linwe.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Msg me Ingame today or tomm and I can prolly help you out some. Name is Retllon.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wizard if you can quad kite

Enchanter if you have a strong attention span

Necro if you like getting research spells and soloing, has FD and invuln so new player friendly

Mage is in between all of these
Old 09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Orc

If you're a glutton for pain and a fan of danger...

If you excel in a stressful environment where your most valuable contribution to the team is also YOUR biggest threat and could blow up in your face at any given moment...

If you detest the idea of watching helplessly while your party members scramble to regain control of a situation gone wrong...

If you enjoy being a member of the party that is (in my experience) most often referred to as a necessary piece of the puzzle...

Enchanter.
Last edited by Illsiff; 09-05-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Closed Thread