Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually loved the ending. We got a lot of closure in Pt. 17 (Good Coop wakes up, Evil Coop is defeated, Ed and Norma get their happy ending, the end of Bob once and for all, Naido is revealed to be Diane and reunited with Coop).

Pt. 18 was insane and took me a few days to absorb. My interpretation of Pt. 18 is that Cooper goes back in time to save Laura from ever being killed in the first place. As he's leading her by hand to the White Lodge, she's stolen away by Sarah Palmer (who is being possessed by Judy) who hides her in an alternate universe. Coop figures this out and decides to follow Laura into the alternate reality where Sarah/Judy hid her. But after he and Diane cross into Judy's dimension, everything instantly changes. Diane sees Coop as a stranger now and thinks his name is Richard. In the next scene at the diner, we Coop is not the same Coop we knew before. He seems cold, and the way he takes out the bad guys is a bit too badass for Good Coop. He lacks any compassion with the waitress and he points his gun at innocent people. Almost like he's half Evil Coop, half Good Coop.

He ends up finding Laura, but she goes by the name Carrie and lives in Texas. Carrie has no idea who Laura Palmer or Leland Palmer are, but she gets nervous when Coop mentions the name Sarah. There's also a corpse in her house and white horse figure on her mantle. Coop asks her to go with him to Laura's old house in Twin Peaks, WA and she agrees. When they finally arrive, a stranger answers the door. No Sarah, no Leland, no Palmers anywhere to be found. In the final scene, Cooper seems confused and defeated, finally asking "What year is it?" Maybe it's a riddle that prompts what happens next, or maybe it's coincidence, but we hear someone that sounds like Sarah Palmer say “Laura?” off in the distance and Carrie screams as if she just remembered who she really is. And that's the end of the show. A million new questions raised, I hope there's a next season to explore the Judy world.
Probably the best post I've ever read on p99
Old 09-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Kobold

There definitely seems to be multiple timelines goin on all season, like at the RR Diner when the guy yells for Billy. What bugs me is what the hell was up with Audreys story at all? Yeah alt timeline maybe, but still, it doesnt have much context to anything. I also think the guy in jail who kept copying what everyone said was like Dougie at the beginning of the season (Billy?) and he got there from some other timeline. Strangely he did not show up with everyone else in the SHeiffs office, which I find strange.

Id love another season, but it seems it was all purposefully vague (classic Lynch). It's also amazing how similar the Return was with Mullholand Dr. I picked up the Secret History of Twin Peaks book, which is actually pretty interesting. I also heard another book by Frost is gonna be released, might help tie up some loose ends. At least we FINALLY talked about Judy!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Kobold

https://medium.com/@onantiad/episode...nc-81352ce38e8

I found this article about the final 2 episodes apparently syncing up. With that context it actually explains what is going on with this multi timeline/parallel universe plot better. I remember earlier in the season there was 2 scenes that also almost perfectly synced up. It was when mother(Judy?) came into the box and murdered the couple and Cooper in nowhere just before he went into the socket to become Dougie. There is probably more syncing goin on in the series... God I love Lynch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-BDU-TvlTg