Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any reason why these slayings can not come during prime hours where more people can enjoy? This is at 3:30 CST (IE Middle of work day) and the Vox was at like 4:00am CST? This is a great idea but the actual execution is still just pandering to people who don't work or can play EQ anytime they want
Think they explained in the original thread, the raids would always be 1 hour after the end of the window. That way Cloki isn't blamed for setting bad times, the dragon is guaranteed to be up, and the spawns arent up for longer than necessary.

Hope I'm remembering that all correctly, but if not the explanation is in that thread.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Will we be still doing all direction in shout? If this is going to be a long term thing I hope at some point we can make a discord or some other voice application for easier communication. Thanks again for leading these, had a great time at Vox and I am looking forward to this as well!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Banned

open raid discord is a great idea, kempoguy80. I'll try and set that up soon.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Again, it is very cool of you guys to be doing this for the casual filth community. I had a level-locked character back on live and enjoyed the crap out of Vox/Naggy fights.

For those that are not familiar, definitely heed the MR requirement mentioned above. You may feel odd replacing a high AC or stat piece with simple MR jewelry, but it could mean the difference between actually contributing and being feared the entire time, potentially costing the raid force its win.

Not looking like I will be able to make this one, but I am certainly looking forward to joining y'all at some point!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

A voice channel is a great idea and I meant to set one up before Vox.

That said, all raid instructions (for the ones I lead) will also be given in /shout.

We have a LOT of players on p99 whose first language isn't English - and reading instructions is often much easier for them than trying to decipher voice in a crowded voice chat room.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is there a lower level limit? My bard will be hitting 43..
Old 09-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

So this still happening or what?
Old 09-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this still happening or what?
Naggy died around 9:30-10pm EST tonight. Would have to ask Blood Guard for an exact time of death.

Definitely some unfortunate timing, the last earthquake was 2-3 days before the open Vox raid and this one was 2 days before Naggy.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Twice I've arranged childcare so I can actually go on a raid ... twice quaked.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

Here is the invite link to our new open raid discord server for p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread