Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Default Project 1999 Red Discord Server

Why is this server listed on the homepage? Can we just get rid of R99 and release the Discord server yet? Whats it gonna take? a years salary of burger king to get this shit rolling out?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:18 AM
Kobold

No real eq classic pvp enthusiast is going to play Zek anyways cause the server dies every 2 months. We need a stable server with a good population and no crusty neckbeard lifetime prescription oxycontin addicts playing on it.

We need real casuals with real lives who just wanna play some eqpvp and relive that nostalgia that we think about every week or so a couple times maybe even three times a week.

Get the ball rolling GM's. Ill provide the burger king, you provide the server.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

daybreak shut down the Discord launch.

I'd guess because it was too close to Phinigel at the time.

The attempted roll-out of discord too early likely dashed future chances of being able to release a new box under the P99 brand for a long time with Agnarr around the corner.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Unless DeyBreak Games is releasing a discord server I don't see how it interferes with anything at all.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned

p99 staff was hyping discord and teams left and right

p99 staff comes to agreement with daybreak games for "legitimacy" of the project

p99 staff suddenly becomes completely silent about future development

it's pretty clear; they're obviously not going to come out and say that considering it goes against their "legitimacy" claim
Old 05-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Banned

Deycuck p99
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I think another reason is why bother. The same underskilled internet social seekers are going to play blue. And the same 40 rejects going to play red. Discord or teams will pull a little from both for abbit, but everyone it brings in will quit. Because it's Everquest and we are in 2017.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:46 PM
Orc

I honestly believe that the reason r99 has such a low population is because its a FFA pvp server. I played on Sullon Zek back in the day and absolutely loved playing on a team pvp server. I would've played on a pvp server here as well except that its a FFA server. The idea that anyone can kill you is a HUGE turn-off and I feel is a deal breaker for many, including myself.

I would quit blue in an instant if they released a team pvp server. Even if it ended up being the same people from r99, knowing that a portion of the server is on the same team as me makes pvp a lot more tolerable. Knowing that 1/3 or 1/2 of the population can't swoop in and kill me I think makes it a lot more enjoyable.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Default ...

On R99 they call teams "guilds". It's a new concept, I know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Orc

I mean yeah, you have a guild once your established on the server. But what about when you first start out and have 0 affiliation with anyone. Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit. I feel like that is what happens to the large majority of people that try R99. Versus Sullon Zek where all the people you are leveling with are on Evil team and can actually get some levels before pvping.

Just my opinion. I think team pvp makes for a healthier environment for the general masses. I feel like R99/FFA pvp is for the hardcore which is why it's such a small population.
Closed Thread