Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default *OFFICIAL* TWIN PEAKS DISCUSSION THREAD (spoilers)

I'll kick this thread off by saying that Twin Peaks the Return Delivered.

D-E-L-I-V-E-R-E-D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It has the feel of the old show while being EDGY, FRESH, SICC, and FUN (read: woke)

This show is truly Art because it breaks the boundaries of "just a show" and "creeping over into our world."

For instance, Bill Hasting's Website that he and Ruth Davenport ran, actually exists.

I've only had time to read part of one article linked on that site but it directly talks about the Dirty Bearded Woodsmen:

Quote:
Many have heard the rumors involving the Philadelphia Experiment and there is truth in what happen. The US Military while trying to reduce the radar signature of ships and planes, irradiated different targets with subatomic particles as an unexpected sub process of one of their experiments responsible for the vibrational rate of basic matter. Imperfect as any process found by accident, the field did not have parameters to control the synchronized the movement of matter in the 3 dimensional grid. As matter moved from 3rd density to intermediate levels below the 4th, problems occurred. With a vibrational increased basic matter separates allowing light to diffuse through, thus the ghost like appearances of men trapped in the density shift. Ultimately positional changes by the men exploring their new surroundings found a horrific result, solidification within solid objects due to the test subjects movement while on the other side was not considered when return to 3rd density completed. When controlled by an advanced entity accidents are rare. This is how reports from friendly encounters of being able to pass through solid objects is achieved.
On the topic of show plot structure, I am a person who has come around to absolutely loving Dougie. It's like Coop's brain has been totally boiled down and we see what he is at his absolute core - a good hearted playboy. The fact that Coop survived "being passed through a solid object" and not turning into a ghost confirms that he, in fact, is an 'advanced entity.'

I think it's very likely at this point (ep12 aired last night) we won't see good Coop return until e15.

Meanwhile: Diane is playing Double Agent for Evil Coop. What the fuck is the deal with that? It sounds like some dark shit went down when Evil Coop visited her 25 years ago, but she's secretly loyal to him? I'll be interested to hear your theories about this... and we can't really know what Albert and Gordon are up to trying to trap her in the Blue Rose Friend Squad, but they're definitely up to something!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:05 PM
Banned

Note: in TP, there is the topic of 'Blue Rose', which means there are apparently paranormal things going on. I cannot remember, off the top, what the name of the FBI's fictional investigation into UFOs and the paranormal was in the 1970s, but it's based off of a real, similarly named Project Blue Book
Old 07-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Overall I have been enjoying the return but I lose a little bit of faith each and every week that there continues to be no significant plot progression. I mean we are already over 2/3rds into the season which is pretty late in the game, so it's really irritating that none of the story lines have come together yet. Maybe I'm impatient, but the pacing of the show has just been so sluggish compared to the original or the movie and so many episodes felt like filler, dragged on, or flat-out bored me. I'll withhold final judgement until the end though.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

To climb the tallest mountain one must become the tallest mountain.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Banned

For the people who complain not enough forward plot progression, this was actually a hallmark of the Lynch/Frost Twin Peaks world.

See episode where Cooper realizes who killed Laura Palmer, then forgets.

The studio forced them to reveal the killer early in Season 2, and that's when the show went downhill into cheesy sideplots. I guess some people liked this, but I enjoy it much more when I am basically getting spooned by Lynch as he whispers weird shit into my ear after stuffing All my Donut Holes.

Sure, some episodes are slow, but the slowness allows for a tremendous expanse of emotional depth shown via actors (see Ben's performance after the Sherriff gave him the bad news)
Old 07-31-2017, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Skarlorn your forum quality has tripped in the past year alone.
Keep it up.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Kobold

This is the Water
And this is the Well
Drink full and Descend
THe horses is the white of the eyes
And Dark within

*Head smash*

My fav episode so far, so fucking weird and strange. Gotta love it when Lynch is able to dazzly us with his crazy visuals (which he hasnt done in FOREVER).

I was thinking about it and I am wondering if they could possibly do another season? Do you think they will just wrap it all up this year or could it be possible? (PLEASE LYNCH MAKE MORE ANYTHING!)
Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Banned

I really liked the last episode. Some good old fashioned Arm-Wrassling for tribe dominance, and Artie finally coming clean was great. That actor did a great job with his character.

What's up with the ladies of the Double R diner getting with sleazy D Bags? Norma is a real C8nt leaving My lad Large Eddi all alone sipping his soup in the gas station that LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE GAS STATION WHERE THE DIRTY BEARDED MEN WALKED AROUND IN EP 8
Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Project Manager

Didn't know this thread existed.

Okay so, was Jack Rabbit's Palace the same spot where Major Briggs and Cooper went camping in the old series and/or a portal to the white lodge?
Old 08-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Banned

I am willing to bet 1kplat that Cooper is restored next episode.
Closed Thread