Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've literally tried handing out better items than that in gfay, and I respect people's honesty but they say they have better already :s
It goes both ways, sometimes you can't give things away other times I offered a free item and got multiple tells.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:52 AM
Large Rat

I'd be happy to get in touch with someone that has some gear for a dwarf cleric. I'm currently level 15 and sitting mostly in Unrest. I would like to get some suggestions on what kind of items would be good/great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can pay as well, I have about 70pp in the bank.

my ign is: Orilgolir

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they can feel like they "earned it" according to OP

but yeah, id just give that sheit away in Mistmoore or Oasis.
See I'll tell you why that's a bad idea. You can hook more new players into staying on the server if you just hit up the noobie zones. The filter of new players gets very low by the time they make it to level 20 there's probably 1 new player left out of every 5 or 6 that try the server. The only reason I stayed was because someone gave me a wus quivering staff when I had started my maybe 20th char because I'd level like to level 8 or so on most chars and get bored but having a big item like that (at least to me it was big) caused me to stick with one character and get to 60

I've personally sat in qeynos and halas which are the two most vacant noobie zones to hand out gear and craft banded armor. People get really excited and it's nice. And even if I just hook one new player I think it's cool because that's how I got hooked.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Damn, you guys are so high and mighty, i'm just a pos.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Well just post in EC sub section like everyone else. New people have to learn how to use the forums too and it's not like your giving free stuff away.

Plus then people can't just turn your wts thread into a topic of discussion. Or at least they shouldn't then.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-14-2017 at 04:37 PM..
Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

It's all gravy babaay, just wanted to give some newbies some quest treasure to hunt after for fun.. You know farm some bonechips, pelts, belts, bronze, sell some stuff, get some lewt! To each their own, but that's the kinda jig that gets my boots stomping to the beat.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Don't listen to these idiots. This is a good service and you are offering value. Nobody plays this server for free shit. When I started here, I got a rush from being able to buy a Serrated Bone Dirk. The pixels are digital. There's no warehousing costs. You'll find buyers eventually and it costs you nothing to bump a thread.
Closed Thread