Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Banned

I don't even read the post anymore I just go to the last page and assume all the others are people accusing this guy of 2 boxing, how close am I? Also welcome back cylock norrath seems to always miss you when you're gone pal!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My husband requested a IP Exemption last night so that the both of us could play together. How do you know if your request is denied or excepted? Do they contact you via email, in game or on here? We are long time Veterans I guess you could say, started playing back in 2000.
They sent me an email when they got to mine.. happy hunting
Old 09-28-2017, 11:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even read the post anymore I just go to the last page and assume all the others are people accusing this guy of 2 boxing, how close am I? Also welcome back cylock norrath seems to always miss you when you're gone pal!
yes pretty much Flak, and thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My husband requested a IP Exemption last night so that the both of us could play together. How do you know if your request is denied or excepted? Do they contact you via email, in game or on here? We are long time Veterans I guess you could say, started playing back in 2000.
Yours was done today as well Southerngurl. Every IP exempt requested in the last 2 months I done today

I normally do them every 2 weeks, but I have been semi afk. Anyway, welcome to p99! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Last edited by Cylock; 09-28-2017 at 11:06 AM..
Old 09-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Large Bat

Cylock... man myth legend of the cyber hopless... May his name live ever on....

"Crap inthink I need a RP server"
Old 09-28-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yo Cylock, do you ever think it is weird the number of people in their 30s that still have room mates?

Or is this like some ironic humour where people refer to their significant other / piece of ass / baby momma as a room mate?

Or is room sharing still a common thing for the middle aged in America?

Please enlighten this ignorant foreigner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 09-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

On one hand its definitely abnormal in most of the United States for a well-adjusted person in his 30's to have a roommate. People in that age range are normally settled down and married, and quite often homeowners with children. On the other hand, P1999 seems as though it has an unusually large proportion of folks who suffer from mental illness, or substance abuse problems, or who're having a generally difficult time with life. Therefore an unusual condition might be less uncommon within this specific little community.

Danth
Old 09-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On one hand its definitely abnormal in most of the United States for a well-adjusted person in his 30's to have a roommate. ….. On the other hand, P1999 seems as though it has an unusually large proportion of folks who suffer from mental illness, or substance abuse problems, or who're having a generally difficult time with life. Therefore an unusual condition might be less uncommon within this specific little community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the exception to have a wife, kids, and a home these days in my age cohort. Certainly not the norm.
So either your totally cool and normal or you are a delusional poor neckbeard – Search your heart for the truth…
Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

30s roommates are pretty common in my area. I'm 31, live in a nice place with 32 yo guy roommate. We both have decent jobs and could easily afford separate places, but this way we can save quite a bit per month. It's also a fun living situation - it's nice having someone to crack a beer with after work, plus we get along well and enjoy hosting events at the place. Neither of us are in a hurry to settle down, so what's the point of paying high rent for the sake of living alone?

The only people that seem to have an issue with this are brainwashed women who rage at the thought of a single male being happy. Usually this rage takes the form of attempts to shame and label as immature, but unsurprisingly this comes from either unemployed early-marriage wives or single older girls who have fucked their way through their 20s and are shocked that no one wants to put a ring on their 29-yo finger.

Anyways, I digress - roommates can be great in your 30s.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30s roommates are pretty common in my area. I'm 31, live in a nice place with 32 yo guy roommate. We both have decent jobs and could easily afford separate places, but this way we can save quite a bit per month. It's also a fun living situation - it's nice having someone to crack a beer with after work, plus we get along well and enjoy hosting events at the place. Neither of us are in a hurry to settle down, so what's the point of paying high rent for the sake of living alone?

The only people that seem to have an issue with this are brainwashed women who rage at the thought of a single male being happy. Usually this rage takes the form of attempts to shame and label as immature, but unsurprisingly this comes from either unemployed early-marriage wives or single older girls who have fucked their way through their 20s and are shocked that no one wants to put a ring on their 29-yo finger.

Anyways, I digress - roommates can be great in your 30s.
Good people are hard to come by. 30's roommates are very hit and miss.

Lot of people start a crisis or begin to fall off due to grappling with mediocrity. Alternatively most low 30's are in transient work outside of the IT industry. If you have an IT roommate, its great. Otherwise, yikes.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP I apologize, I have been out of pocket for a short while. I am back now, and will have all IP exempts done today. Happy Adventures! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*OPs wife here /waves
Thanks for the IP exempt Cylock! I'm new to the game and it will be nice to play with him at home. We played together when I was at work (don't tell my work) but it will be nice to yell at him that I'm being attacked. I've died so so much already.

Oh, and I'm a necro. I did think that porting and healing sounded fun but he said being a lizard was cool. We have already met lots of nice people in Kunark (?). If you see us there, feel free to group with us (he is Kurzchex and I'm Christi). Don't let the me dying a lot scare you off too much. :P
Closed Thread