Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Of course I lift. Camping PR's is my new pastime. Course that's why you rarely see me online.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I have to do a ton of walking and some occasional lifting at my job so I am active during the day but I need to get a good excercise routine going again.

The best thing to do as far as excercise and eq that someone can do, in my opinion, is to just take a break from the game and excercise. Don't try to do both at the same time. Your eyes need a break too.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Skeleton

I need to get back into it. Family doctor started me on testosterone a couple weeks back because I was a bit low but it feels like I'm kinda wasting it without being in the gym.

Lost 80 pounds before, probably bout 5 years ago or so. Got into lifting pretty hard after that, then one day just stopped. Put a decent chunk back on, maybe an update thread would keep me interested for a bit. Local gym also made the change to being open 24 hours, that got me excited.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey friends I feel that it is my duty to point out that P99 should be consumed as part of a varied recreational diet and as such I am bringing back the successful fitness thread from last year.

Since I started that thread I have run two half marathons (13.1 miles / 21.something kms) and am continuing to work at it, have put an entry in for the London Marathon next April but will be lucky to actually get a place (I find out in October!).

I expect haters who don't exercise more than their fingers to be angry at this thread but hopefully you can channel it positively. Everyone is welcome to join in and post up how they're doing, what progress they're making and such <3

So, are you getting to the gym? Are you working on your fitness?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Motivation starts here, let your journey begin if it hasn't already... <3

After reading this post, I first felt like maybe I should share with other elfs openly in RNF my athletic prowess and feats of endurance, pretending it somehow would motivate and inspire others to do the same... Then I realized that would make me a self-fellating humble brag looking only to create annoyance and friction.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is neither rant nor flame - need a mod to flush this turd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I realized that would make me a self-fellating humble brag looking only to create annoyance and friction.
I knew someone would take this thread in to RnF territory ... just wasn't expecting it to be former forum nice guy Lhance though.

In any case, I take the opposite approach from a lot of y'all: forget 8+ hours a week at the gym, I spend less than five minutes a day, and only on weekdays. One day I dumbbell press as much as I can for one set (ATM 90 lbs. 13-14 reps). The next day I plank as long as I can (2:10) then do as many crunches as I can (10). That's it.

I've been doing it for a few years now and it's made a huge difference. I'm not swole like Raavak and Mead probably are, but I'm healthier, have strength, and look good with my shirt off. Definitely recommend it for all the non-gym rats: everyone can do < 5 min/weekday and stick to it if they try, and if you give it a year it will make a real difference (and then if you combine it with a healthy diet and lose some weight on top of it you'll get a huge difference).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. The only reason I do the dumbbell presses is because I broke my wrist awhile ago and I had to stop doing push-ups because of it. If you haven't broken a wrist you can replace the dumbbells with push-ups (as many as you can) and then the only equipment you'll need is some kind of mat to do the crunches on.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

When it isn't on the extreme side of things, weather-wise, I like to run. My day job office is downtown next to the river, so it makes for a nice 5K loop along river to a bridge, back along river to another bridge. It has been 95+ for a couple weeks so it'll be a bitch when I start back up again.

I plan on skiing more this winter, time and money permitting.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew someone would take this thread in to RnF territory ... just wasn't expecting it to be former forum nice guy Lhance though.
Loramin, firstly I didn't "take it to RnF territory" it was written in RnF territory by the OP for the sole purpose it would garner attention (which is fine I don't see anything wrong with that.)

The comment I made has to do with the fact the OP is constantly patting himself on the back and I just wanted to give him the attention he needs by posting in his thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not swole like Raavak and Mead probably are, but I'm healthier, have strength, and look good with my shirt off.
You probably aren't stumbling around with 2 nagging injuries like me either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
P.S. The only reason I do the dumbbell presses is because I broke my wrist awhile ago and I had to stop doing push-ups because of it. If you haven't broken a wrist you can replace the dumbbells with push-ups (as many as you can) and then the only equipment you'll need is some kind of mat to do the crunches on.
See Loramin, I can discuss this topic with you and others because you write to enlighten and connect positively with others. (You are not telling others what you do for your own ego.)

I stopped doing regular pushups a while back and found that dips work better for me now. Less stress on my lower back, and is actually a more complex exercise than the pushup.

I prefer calisthenics over weight lifting, but do barbell curls/presses and dumbbell curls/presses occasionally and that's the only free weight exercises I do now.

I stick to body squats, dips, inclined pushups on steps to take pressure off my back, and if I am feeling really motivated I will do lunges and calf raises too.

Basically I do mostly complex calisthenics that work larger muscle groups as well as smaller ones that are working in tandem to build practical strength.
Closed Thread