Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Default Wizard Solo XP Level 59

Any good spots to solo at 59 on a wizard?
Old 05-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

I did raptors from 52-57 so would prefer to not camp them.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

You specifically want to solo or is grouping acceptable as well?

The old tried and true chardok is going to get you through 59 easily.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

My wizard was 1% short of 59 last night.

Did 4 quads in Kelethin guards (15 green guards, 1 blue lieutenant). The 15 green guards all gave EXP but no visible increase. The Blue Lieutenant was what I ding off.

I've accepted outside of Chardok there is no way I will level 59-60 until Velious cause everything else is horrible.

Kelethin Guards are all green
Seafuries are all green (plus shamans who take 6 minutes to root rot 5 at a time will complain you are quadding - LOL)
Raptors mehhh half are green
Skyfire too much HP, can't use best Pillar of Fire nuke.
Burning Woods too few blue cons, also may not be able to use good Pillar/lots of HP

Come Velious there are some okayish quad spots. But the wyverns in CS are too low for 59, most of the Othmir cast, *maybe* some westernwastes creatures?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wizard was 1% short of 59 last night.

Did 4 quads in Kelethin guards (15 green guards, 1 blue lieutenant). The 15 green guards all gave EXP but no visible increase. The Blue Lieutenant was what I ding off.

I've accepted outside of Chardok there is no way I will level 59-60 until Velious cause everything else is horrible.

Kelethin Guards are all green
Seafuries are all green (plus shamans who take 6 minutes to root rot 5 at a time will complain you are quadding - LOL)
Raptors mehhh half are green
Skyfire too much HP, can't use best Pillar of Fire nuke.
Burning Woods too few blue cons, also may not be able to use good Pillar/lots of HP

Come Velious there are some okayish quad spots. But the wyverns in CS are too low for 59, most of the Othmir cast, *maybe* some westernwastes creatures?
dont have to quad bro.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Plenty of stuff to kill in BW, most of the high level versions of critters there will be DB to 59 still...just gotta be good at navigating through pathing creatures. If you can find a lower level (52ish) to take the verdants at giant fort and you can take the ancients, should be a pretty good arrangement, just gotta supplement it with some blue roamers.

Solo spawn or two near arena in neriak should be okay for wizard too.

Remember that most classes (outside of chardok aoe) will take a long ass time to get through 59. Solo Druids in perma (maybe 8%/hour) solo enchanters (maybe 6-7%/hour) solo sham in soldungb (5%/hour) if they are really crushing it. Everyone else...well...enjoy the journey
Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont have to quad bro.
Killing 1 mob at a time sounds absolutely horrible. Not quite as bad as grouping on a wizard, but pretty bad.

Yea I'd prefer to stick to AEing.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember that most classes (outside of chardok aoe) will take a long ass time to get through 59. Solo Druids in perma (maybe 8%/hour) solo enchanters (maybe 6-7%/hour) solo sham in soldungb (5%/hour) if they are really crushing it. Everyone else...well...enjoy the journey
The first lojik anyones spoken in a long time

We've been playing with Game Genie

Make some friends, go kill some mobs, roll on drops, have fun
Old 05-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

How far are you into 59?? If you have a LONG ways to go I think you will HAVE to group some of it like it or not. 59 is a hell level from hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Too much risk of dying Quad kiting 52 level and above mobs. Ain't happening pull after pull. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

59 is definitely a long road and it takes a little bit of everything to overcome. Everyone says "oh, just AE it" which in theory is fine but there are 12 hour waitlists and who knows you could get bumped if someone's guildie or buddy shows up. It cranks the bar but its really not fun or playing the game - its more of an exploit that is facilitated by the speed of our current computers on a 16 year old game. It also depends on your subjective definition of "fun" - some people want to play the content, some people just want to hit 60 and don't really care about much else, especially if its their 8th alt. Point is, you can even burn out on AE, especially if you get lots of fails (which is very common)

Quadding gets old and even most players who have done a bit of quadding would agree. Raptors in TD are ok at 59 but they are dangerous and unless you have a cleric alt parked out there you can run into some serious hassles. Giants in Burning Woods aren't bad but there's lots of light blues. This whole nonsense of people quadding green Kelethin guards vs. getting a group together *gasp* just baffles me.

I am going to avoid the subject of grouping on a Wizard as I have wasted hours of my life writing tomes on these forums about it. I will say if you play with good players and good friends (and if you know how to play a Wiz) its a ton of fun and you'll roll on drops. PUGs suck no matter what the class is. Being a Warrior in KC in a group where people cant even do a basic three mob split with root and being absolutely powerless to do anything about it is about the worst possible experience one could have playing Everquest. In a decent group at Chef or Disco you can get a blue an hour, which is pretty much standard rate, as well as rolling on some good drops.

It really takes a little bit of everything to make it through 59. Some people are hardcore, have connections, and AE crank. Some people waste their life quadding greens. Why people do this instead of considering a group is mind boggling. There really isn't a fast way to crank quad through 59. It gets very slow.
Closed Thread