Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 04:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Assuming its a monthly sub, how much does it cost per month to play?

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 04-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

I think 8usd after game price. But you can trade silver to fgold i n game currency for less then half a million.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Its free to play after you buy the game and the sub is optional but a huge handicap. But easy to be self suffient with in game currenecy
Old 04-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

albion is pretty good
Old 04-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRanger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned its better to solo farm players then mobs. In PvP games.

wtb item loot for everquest
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Sarnak

Pay to win ? All set thx.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Been playing Albion for over a year now (since Beta 1, now in Beta 3) and honestly they have been gradually ruining the PvP imo. With the reputation system, and putting black zones on a separate continent, they've made it to where open world PvP is almost non-existant in the Royal Lands, and it's dominated by zergs in the Outlands. There isn't anywhere for a small/mid size group to go for open world fighting.

They do have Hellgates, GvG battles, Chest fights, etc which are all PvP activities, but that's more like a PvP mini-game, it's just not the same as roaming around the world killing dudes and taking their loots. Hopefully they'll pump the brakes on the carebear features though, there are some good suggestions on the forums currently for solving the issue.

Over all, I'm still unable to tell anyone not to play, it's the best thing there is right now. PvP is very fun, the GvGs rock, the PvE is lacking but it's a PvP oriented game so I don't hold that against it.

In its current state I gotta say 7/10, 9/10 if they can stop with all this PvP-prevention they've been dabbling in.

EDIT : The game isn't pay to win. You can buy gold with RL money, and then exchange the gold for silver(the actual in-game currency, gold changes in value kindof like stocks, so one day it could be 100silver per gold, others it could be 1000 silver per gold depending on supply/demand) which ofcourse lets you buy gear in-game. But it's really only a big advantage for a short period of time after the wipes, and they won't be wiping anymore once the game launches this summer. I've done competitive PvP in every single beta, and never had to buy anything other than the game. If you enjoy the game enough to play regularly, you'll make enough silver to compete, especially if you craft or find some other way of making coin on the market.
Name's AbaddonRull in-game, feel free to hmu for a guild or if you need any help.

Project 1999 Red
Last edited by HappyTr33z; 04-11-2017 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTr33z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT : The game isn't pay to win. You can buy gold with RL money, and then exchange the gold for silver(the actual in-game currency, gold changes in value kindof like stocks, so one day it could be 100silver per gold, others it could be 1000 silver per gold depending on supply/demand) which ofcourse lets you buy gear in-game.
Sorry, this is most definately p2w. Shit game.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

You can do the same illegally on any game.

This game it seems does not allow the payer to have more abilities than the normal player.

It's not like you cap everything out, and then spend 10 bucks to take it up a notch.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I've struggled to get logged in, it has a lot of technical issues/gremlins to work through. The tech discussion page is full of people who cant log in or are having problems.

Should be a good game in 2019.
Closed Thread