Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Large Bat

Default Grow Up!

I am aware that this forum doesn't represent the whole community of players on p1999 and that the loudest are generally part of the minority nevertheless some things need to be said.

Have you heard about the word gratitude ? The world is what it is because of this bunch of people like you who have no clues about what gratitude means.

You like playing on p1999, it brings back nostalgia and it makes you happy to go back to those memories you had playing EQ 10 years ago, you are actually very lucky to be able to do that...for free.

How many of you who are complaining about server downtime or mandatory beta have actually donated ? how many of you are actually aware that you can enjoy your playtime because you have developers working in the background to sort out bugs and incorporating new features?

When I go to a restaurant and enjoyed the meal I always congratulate the chef because encouragement is a wonderful reward for talented people, so please back up a little bit and grow up.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Orc

Send a message via MSN to Kaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I go to a restaurant and enjoyed the meal I always congratulate the chef because encouragement is a wonderful reward for talented people, so please back up a little bit and grow up.
Really? Always?

You walk into the kitchen an congratulate them?

Do you say "Congratulations on making me a delicious meal" ?

I would like to go to a restaurant with you.

My treat.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

lmao
Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Always?

You walk into the kitchen an congratulate them?

Do you say "Congratulations on making me a delicious meal" ?

I would like to go to a restaurant with you.

My treat.
lolol looks like the point of this thread really hit home
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Yes Kaleb, he always does. Once we got some drive thru heart attacks (McDonalds) and drove while eating, 2 miles into the grease induced field trip, we shot a U-Turn and arrived back at McDonalds where he HAD to thank the superior skilled chef Todd, a 43 year college drop out with more blimishes on his face than track marks on Charlie Sheens devil infested arm.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

yea, theres been plenty of times when ive sowed or healed someone, usally lowbies/noobs say thanks way more then 40+, its more of a 4 to 1 ratio, 4 being 30- lower peeps, and 1 being 30+

i wonder how its going to be in kunark, lol, i wont have to worry, only going to play my lvl 1 iksar shaman and wont be 40 for a month most likely
Old 03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

nice pic btw haul!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Kobold

I'm in complete agreement. What the development staff has accomplished here is nothing short of amazing. This is evident by the number of players logged in around the clock. I have personally donated and posted several times regarding my appreciation for all the hard work and headache that Nilbog & the others have done and put up with.

I love this community, my guild, and the generally great time I have playing. Yeah, there are some dick faces, but i'm well aware that this is just a game. I don't spend 12 hours a day waiting on raid mobs to pop because.... well, I don't have 12 hours a day to do that. Even if I did, i'd rather be hiking.

So I'm not saying that all the recent stuff that's been going on doesn't suck for some people. But, please be aware that this is Nilbog's effing show. The reason that we're able to bitch about getting screwed over is because the development staff have busted their asses to give us the opportunity to have unfortunate things happen to us. Remember that the vast amount of time spent playing is very enjoyable.

Just my 2cp. I'd like to congratulate the OP for speaking your mind, and i'd like to say thank you to the development staff.

Good evening,

Alkaiser Baneofmistmoore 38 cleric of Prexus
Old 03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lolol looks like the point of this thread really hit home
Abject sanctimony can have that effect on a peanut gallery.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Large Bat

Kaleb, In France congratulating a chef is nothing unusual after a good meal. I'll invite you anytime. By the way when the food sucks I also mention it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but not if its free obviously.
Last edited by hokken; 03-13-2011 at 06:00 AM..
Closed Thread