Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about /role?
Stupid. Take it off already. 51 30.00%
We're running to Naggy damnit, we don't want competition! 31 18.24%
I use role to avoid being hounded for ports/res's/buffs 75 44.12%
True. Everyone being able to see everyone would avoid SOME guild confrontations. 13 7.65%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus
Default /Role and Anon

How does everyone feel about this?

I obviously know where the server (raiding guilds especially) stands on this from a mass standpoint. However wouldn't it just be easier for guilds to stay out of each others way? I understand the problem when it comes to mobilization to targets and stuff.

Personally, I hate it. No one ever really did it on Povar, so maybe I'm just not used to it. It's a huge pain in the ass when looking for replacements in groups as well (except for people with IP exemps, as they can see through /role with "/who all 40 50 ENC" displaying all enchanters 40-50 regardless of /role or anon.

Also it's brutal doing /who all ZONE only to return 4 people. Then when you get there there's 45 people.

Just starting conversation, don't beat me to death.
~Discuss.

Kolored on Red.

Last edited by Versus; 02-25-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

wait a sec, only people with an IP exemption can see role/anon people by typing /who all lvl lvl class ?

how is that so?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

They were always available on Classic, so they should be available here. And people should have a choice whether to make their race/class/level available for everyone to see or not...and I wouldn't think the IP exemption issue makes much difference. If someone manages to find and bug me for ports through anon, I'm gonna figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait a sec, only people with an IP exemption can see role/anon people by typing /who all lvl lvl class ?

how is that so?
Pretty sure. Rogean said it was a known bug.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were always available on Classic, so they should be available here. And people should have a choice whether to make their race/class/level available for everyone to see or not...and I wouldn't think the IP exemption issue makes much difference. If someone manages to find and bug me for ports through anon, I'm gonna figure that out.
you sure do, but i found countless replacements/grp starters that were anon by looking for /who all lvl lvl class, i just assumed it works for everyone.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

sometimes when i drop /role I feel like i just slipped either into brand new socks, or out of gross socks.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Where's the "It's classic so I'll live with it" option?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

I prefer to not use /role, however once my chanter alt got clarity I've found myself using it more and more. I'd probably use role all the time if I had mained a chanter from the get-go.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Personally I hate using either one. I also disagree with the reasons why raid guilds use it. It's part of the game and should never change tho.

Personally if we have 30ish or so people in sky/fear/hate, and /rol other guilds will come up there not knowing were there and try and leach or work off of what we've been clearing.

Having 30 people or so in a raid zone, and not /anon or /rol it pretty much shows you have the zone on lock down and people won't bother you. It's much eaiser to tell your guild people are already there with a big force, as compared to getting everyone there buffed and zoned in.

I mean, really like everyone doesn't know what the respawn time window on gods/dragons zones? Everyone has friends in every guild and can get that info easy.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Absolutely hate /role and /anon.

Can't believe how big of a deal people make about getting asked for some buffs or ports. Yes, I had a level 50 druid here for quite some time and never used /role or /anon so I know how it is.
Closed Thread