Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: What class should I play?
Enchanter 22 25.58%
Monk 16 18.60%
Paladin 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remember to take loot out of summoned bags before you camp. Poof, gone.
When I first started out I lost a lot of loot from the sisters camp in lfay because I didn't heed this warning =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me? No, I stopped doing that. I was making an argument from a selective standpoint. A lot of people in here are recommending a Monk for an unfunded newbie, and with the penalty on being over 14 stones, I'm wondering how most Monks make any decent money in the early levels. How do they loot coin and weapons without giving up their AC?
Any time I planned on being on for several hours, I got some summoned bags. Then I attempted to keep them for the next time I logged in by dueling someone.

Levels 1-4 - Newbie ground decaying skeletons. They often drop weapons and cloth armor that sell for a gold or two. And cracked staff for a platinum if you are lucky. And you can sell the bone chips.

Levels 5-14 - Blackburrow. Collect gnoll fangs and profit. If I had summoned bags, I kept all the weapon drops and sold them. Banked after selling. I did spend time grinding on non experience giving gnolls, but their fangs give experience so it worked out.

Levels 13-18 - Erud's Crossing hunting Wisps. After I was done here, I was able to afford Wu's Quivering Staff and Wu's or better armor, and a couple +55 rings and some 2AC earrings.

Levels 19-24 - Dark Elf Guards. This I had to have summoned bags, but it was pretty easy since it was right next to EC and Freeport, lots of people.

Levels 25-35 - High Keep guards. Vendor and bank right there, for awhile I sold after each kill. But pretty soon, I was able to afford my first Tink Bag.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Levels 13-18 - Erud's Crossing hunting Wisps. After I was done here, I was able to afford Wu's Quivering Staff and Wu's or better armor, and a couple +55 rings and some 2AC earrings.
This is a very underestimated hunting location. There are so many flippin wisps it makes you wonder why more people don't go there. To expound in case anyone is unaware, consider each GLS 9pp with the NK quest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just don't die, though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Long boat ride back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

I think I've only grouped with one Paladin and I hardly ever see them, so I voted for Paladin.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Kobold

The most important thing I learned from this thread?

Don't have children.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most important thing I learned from this thread?

Don't have dumb children.
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I had bounced around alts and decided to create this poll for the specific purpose of determining which class to play. And so you have determined the class I am playing: Paladin. (deleted my alt enchanter since I'm not a "power gamer")

Now if only I could find someone to sell me the rest of my bronze armor set! (already have chest/cloak/boots)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I had bounced around alts and decided to create this poll for the specific purpose of determining which class to play. And so you have determined the class I am playing: Paladin. (deleted my alt enchanter since I'm not a "power gamer")

Now if only I could find someone to sell me the rest of my bronze armor set! (already have chest/cloak/boots)
See if someone is nice enough to give you a Sword of the Morning.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See if someone is nice enough to give you a Sword of the Morning.
Prices on the wiki range from 2.5k-3k; someone would have to be VERY generous to give that away! I'm rocking a Nathsar Greatsword I picked up for 250 for now. What's a good shield to go with that Sword of Awesomeness should I acquire it?

Also, I'm dumb for barking in EC for hours. I forgot about http://ahungry.com/eqauctions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread