Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:06 AM
VIP / Contributor

Pretty much everyone who I caught running long-standing RMT was some bum who didn't want to get a real job. I always found out who they really were and what they really did. That's how I rolled.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sWS-FoXbjVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much everyone who I caught running long-standing RMT was some bum who didn't want to get a real job. I always found out who they really were and what they really did. That's how I rolled.
i was half joking... but that's pretty damn sad
Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Kobold

I just read the other rich girl thread and have an idea for you Rogean. I understand the time consuming part and also the database part. What you need to do is have secret shoppers take screen shots of the actual buy. Would be tons faster and there would be no need to give new guides access to the database. Just a thought.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure nobody thinks your "cool" for this. Nobody wants some retard threatening to call someones work (like you did). Nobody wants some nerd on a power trip GM (you) looking into there real life crap. This is a emu. old game that we all enjoy. You always found ways to make it FAR FAR to serious. In all honesty you were "good" at being a GM. You are "meh" at being a person.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

Uthgaard just got cockslapped by Justin Bieber.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Wait a sec let me pop my collar son.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty you were "good" at being a GM. You are "meh" at being a person.
since i'm pretty sure that you don't know all of the work that goes into being a GM i will tell you that uthgaard, rogean and nilbog are all 3 ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC GM's. Uth was always available for me when i needed him and was always willing to dig and dig. so he wasn't just "good" at being a GM. he was AMAZING at being a GM.

and since i know you don't know anything about Uth's real life...he is pretty great at being a person also.

so what if he has a few flaws....we all do.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since i'm pretty sure that you don't know all of the work that goes into being a GM i will tell you that uthgaard, rogean and nilbog are all 3 ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC GM's. Uth was always available for me when i needed him and was always willing to dig and dig. so he wasn't just "good" at being a GM. he was AMAZING at being a GM.

and since i know you don't know anything about Uth's real life...he is pretty great at being a person also.

so what if he has a few flaws....we all do.
Well dont confuse what i said. I admire people who donate to a server, without any payment whatsoever. Some people would say Uthgaard was "Absolutely fantastic", others would say horrible. Personally at times i felt he did great and other times i would watch him /rage and i would /facepalm. So i described him as "good". I believe thats fair. Im not calling into question Uthgaard the GM. Im looking at Uthgaard the person who would threaten to call peoples work if they didnt do what he wanted. Who just admitted to looking into who people are and what they do in real life. Then commenting when someone doesnt have a job etc.

You can say all you want because you get along with Uthgaard. The second Uthgaard oversteps his bounds and brings a fictional world into real life, he looses my respect and im sure others. This thread isnt about Uthgaard - but i simply made a comment when he bragged about using his GM abilities to search out peoples real lives.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure nobody thinks your "cool" for this. Nobody wants some retard threatening to call someones work (like you did). Nobody wants some nerd on a power trip GM (you) looking into there real life crap. This is a emu. old game that we all enjoy. You always found ways to make it FAR FAR to serious. In all honesty you were "good" at being a GM. You are "meh" at being a person.
I think Uthgaard's cool. Yes, it's a game people enjoy, and one of the main reasons Sony EQ bombed hard is because that staff didn't care about their game at all- the players, the integrity- nothing. Uthgaard wanting to keep everyone on an even, fair playing field says a lot for him as a person, even if he did seem to rage out a lot as a result of dealing with the same stressful bullshit every day from probably the same people, he was doing it all for the good of the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just read the other rich girl thread and have an idea for you Rogean. I understand the time consuming part and also the database part. What you need to do is have secret shoppers take screen shots of the actual buy. Would be tons faster and there would be no need to give new guides access to the database. Just a thought.
That won't work. RMT transactions don't happen on the EQ server end until the PayPal goes through, and having people purposely trying to scam the RMT'er could end up looking like PayPal fraud and get people in a LOT of trouble.
Closed Thread