Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Travelling iksar merchant

I've been crafting lately, and I sort of have the idea of making some money by selling stuff I craft. One problem: I'm an iksar. So I got the idea of saying screw ec and just running around to the populated kunark zones and trying to sell things. For example overthere, warslik woods, lake of ill omen, field of bone. All pretty easy runs and fairly populated. Do you think this could work or is it a bad idea?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Cool concept but chances are the people in those zones wont be carrying the platinum to purchase the items, also the weight issues would slow you down. Maybe target a certain area for example just around the zones connected to Cabilis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Most of the business on this server gravitates toward EC. It is possible to sell in other zones but it will be more difficult because people don't typically carry a lot of plat on them.

I've had fair success selling items < 50p in Greater Faydark, and there may be other opportunities out there to to make sales to people outside EC. You need to consider what you have to offer, how much people can afford, and the appropriate level range of the zone you want to sell in.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobold

As a bard, I bought my first set of banded right there in Field of Bone. The guy kept running into Cabilis to make it. This is totally doable and I wish you luck; I only hope that you're a shammy for the SoW.
You'll get us softskins in Kurn's and FoB who need food and water, too.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Keep the prices reasonably low for things that people can run out of while hunting... so focus on consumables. Nothing over 200p at the maximum.

Good examples:
Sow Potions
Damage Shield potions
Resist potions (Magic particularly)
Javelins / Antonican Javelins
Charged Wands
Charged nets (trade the charged net for an uncharged net and pp/gems)
Stalking Probes
Exchange services (monks love these. Offer to exchange coin for gems or unstackable vendor valuables for under the vendor value/stackable gems)
Summoned utilities (dispel sticks, EB clicks, Lev clicks, weapons etc)
Weapons intended for pets
Even basics like food, water and bandages

It's a pity rogues need to level "apply poison" before they can effectively use poisons, as that limits the market to rogues who can basically craft their own poisons. Otherwise it'd be a perfect candidate for this method.

Further, offer trades for gems and other vendor valuables, such as ruby crowns and opal bracelets. People may take the opportunity to trade with you on the simple basis of offloading their inventory so they can keep hunting efficiently.

If you're a monk this will work particularly well as you'll be able to infiltrate camps to act as a merchant in places most people can't get in or out of. Rotate between high end dungeon areas (chiefly KC, Sebilis, Chardok and Charasis. Also hit up Overthere, Skyfire and Dreadlands in particular).

Might be time consuming but you'd definitely be successful as no one else is doing it.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Dammit, now I totally want to try this. But I won't. Your idea.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

You can add lockpicks to the list as they occasionally break while trying to pick a lock (not common but happens)
Old 02-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can add lockpicks to the list as they occasionally break while trying to pick a lock (not common but happens)
I never knew they could break? I'll have to carry 2 now, jkfhdskjfkksf
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

If you keep a mule in EC you can sell items in any zone and collect payment in EC on your mule. Almost everyone has an EC mule. Makes it easy.
Gregyn <Divinity> --- 51 Druid
Kaldek <Divinity --- 48 Warrior
Leerick <Divinity> --- EC Mule
Closed Thread