Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Skyshrine & Cobalt Scar Exit

The key is not currently required to click out of Skyshrine to Cobalt Scar.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Developer

Totally forgot about that key.

Good catch.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

This is going to be the major cockblock at launch - 30 min respawn on the key dropping mob. Way worse than Xalgoz in Kunark - it blocks access to 6 different zones.

At least the key ports the entire group, so everyone doesn't need one.

Quote:
This key acts like a Group gate, if one person in a group uses the key all group members near him are zoned into Cobaltscar.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98429696581467

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

you can do the quest for the key while KOS in about 20 minutes without killing anything. I mean, surely someone is going to kill the guy making the quest annoying, but the quest is quick. You just need someone to calm the noble who will aggro in kael.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is going to be the major cockblock at launch - 30 min respawn on the key dropping mob. Way worse than Xalgoz in Kunark - it blocks access to 6 different zones.

At least the key ports the entire group, so everyone doesn't need one.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98429696581467
Heh..... Couple questions for you. Did Ziglark originally drop the key... :P Also, was the key originally a group gate? The post you cite is 3 months into Velious after many many changes.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yes for sure on him dropping it, not 100% sure it being a group gate at launch however I never had the key on my druid but was clicked through around a month into Velious to get CS portal fang.

Quote:
you can do the quest for the key while KOS in about 20 minutes without killing anything. I mean, surely someone is going to kill the guy making the quest annoying, but the quest is quick. You just need someone to calm the noble who will aggro in kael.
Not so much - you can charm the noble in Kael to do turn ins but I'm pretty sure you need better than indifferent with Ziglark to do the turn in with for the key, so charming him won't work (maybe with Puppet Strings?).

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh..... Couple questions for you. Did Ziglark originally drop the key... :P Also, was the key originally a group gate? The post you cite is 3 months into Velious after many many changes.
He did. I got my key day 1 by killing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Well the first key can port people through and zone back to port more through. Though that will be some mega drama if one guild tries to lock down that camp for days.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

The key is currently single-person only. It does not port nearby group members like it should. I had two group members in the water with me when I clicked through to Cobalt Scar, and they were left behind in Skyshrine.
Closed Thread