Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Semi Long Term Idea (4-5 months) to Make Red 99 Fluorish

I think the server has a near-perfect rule setup right now and I am loving playing. Unfortunately... the server was doomed from the first night and subsequent weeks. No guard assist really hamstringed the server at launch, resists were CRAZY messed up, exploits up the wazoo. All of that is fixed now. Unfortunately, it is TOO LATE for a wipe... maybe 5 months ago would have worked.

My solution:
OPEN A SECOND RED SERVER, starting from scratch with current server rules (legacy time frame for >3 months or so). With guard assists, global ooc, better resists, and no exploiting... TONS of people would come back or start up fresh. With the scaling exp formula people would be grouping and leveling at a good clip. After 4-5 months merge both red servers... I bet you the population would be over 200 on most nights in the merged red server

Red 99 server pop is just too damn low right now. I love playing it, but imagine what it could be!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Banned

its too low so lets attempt to split it in half
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdklaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its too low so lets attempt to split it in half
lmao...
Old 05-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

I think if 2 boxing bans were lifted we would see an increase in population.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aborted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like 2x the current pop? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lol
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Aviak

Not sure that splitting the population would solve the problem, since the damage is done and Red 99 has a scent of failure on it now. It's like Vanguard: great game after they'd fixed all the issues, but their terrible launch and the reputation it earned during that period doomed it forever. I quit with the rest of the 99% of people who tried it, while my close friend stuck it out. He tried for years to convince me "It's fixed, it's better, come try it!". The stench of terrible never left it in my mind, and I never gave it another chance.

Besides, even if you split it evenly down the middle three people on each server would be really boring and you'd never be able to field a full group again.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

wipe w/ exp boost would be better
Old 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aborted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ironically, this is true. We would see even more if we let 3 or 4 boxing. DO IT!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure that splitting the population would solve the problem, since the damage is done and Red 99 has a scent of failure on it now. It's like Vanguard: great game after they'd fixed all the issues, but their terrible launch and the reputation it earned during that period doomed it forever. I quit with the rest of the 99% of people who tried it, while my close friend stuck it out. He tried for years to convince me "It's fixed, it's better, come try it!". The stench of terrible never left it in my mind, and I never gave it another chance.

Besides, even if you split it evenly down the middle three people on each server would be really boring and you'd never be able to field a full group again.
Vanguard never got better, I tried it after their relaunch. Sure they fixed bugs, it ran smoother, but it wasn't the game it was meant to be - incomplete. The only people who could have made Vanguard better were the people who started it. Had more potential than any mmo ever, but truly great games can't be created any more because no ones willing to put up the money (Microsoft in vgs case).

and yep, same with r99. Its great that its there to drop in on and play once in a while, but it was too little too late to be a big hit. Having serious bugs and people losing items and never having them reimbursed doesn't cut it. There needs to be confidence the server will have attention more than twice a year. This isn't that server.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Yeah so Amelinda can box 3 EQs to watch 3 servers with 3 times the bitching.

Stupid.
Closed Thread