Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably is classic with Verant/SOEs customer service the way it was... or more likely, classic on some servers, and not classic on others [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Typically people on dial up didn't do what bards did in 2000ish though, surely?
back then people weren't even smart or good enough to charm with enchanter hehe so i doubt it was done often back then, not necessarily becuse of dial up internet though.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So at what point is this considered a zone disruption in terms of PnP and or otherwise unscrupulous behaviour?
Not to mention that many people were having odd lag spikes (no change in latency or %s, but crippling lag) that were going on the entire time he was there. They were also very cyclic(~30 minutes), almost as if they were coinciding with his kills/pulls/kites; and stopped completely when he stopped doing it after you and another shamed him publicly for this behavior.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Kill the mobs if you don't like where they are.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill the mobs if you don't like where they are.
Okay and my question is am I going to get reprimanded for doing this in the future? In this situation.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 03-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Banned

If I remember right, bard song damage was nerfed mid kunark to where it does zero damage if the target is moving. It is still like that on live even now.

But I am too lazy to look up proof because my main is a bard and it might not even be true
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 PM
Banned

Looking up on ZAM, seems all the PBAoE songs do no damage if the target is moving.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=730

And all the single target DoT songs do damage to targets when they are moving, but at the reduced moving penalty or whatever its called:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=707

Now if I only had the willpower or reason to look up when the changes took place. But until then back to Burned Woods making people feel awkward as I cherry pick all the good mobs and invite the people who ask and not get all mad at me
Old 03-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd have the petition ready in a macro for the moment he dies/trains people...and fraps footage is always a bonus.
Swish ur still a pro
Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are always responsible for your pulls. So if his pull gets anyone killed, they can petition and he'll have to level another bard to 54 during his 1 week suspension.
dat underlying reference to bard leveling speed, tho
Old 03-16-2016, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now if I only had the willpower or reason to look up when the changes took place. But until then back to Burned Woods making people feel awkward as I cherry pick all the good mobs and invite the people who ask and not get all mad at me
I did, and it wasn't until 2008:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=703&source=Live
2008-07-09 02:52 Changed Slot 1 from "Decrease Hitpoints by 2 (L2) to 22 (L80) per tick" to "Decrease Hitpoints by 2 (L2) to 22 (L80) per tick if target is not moving"
Old 03-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Banned

that's a description not a mechanics change

my good chum
Closed Thread