Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Banned

Default My dear sweet high prince Rogean, sir lord protector king czar lord cesar pal guy

My dear sweet Rogean, Can you please put in global ooc and patch some things in that are long overdue before the last great white buffalo is hunted to extinction. 70 Players online during prime-time is not what you envisioned for the server and I'm sure you are unhappy with the current state as much as we are, But this server could still support a thriving population following some much needed changes to the server for its overall health. I don't know if you have given up on us or if you are patching tomorrow and that feeling of uncertainty has driven a large amount of players away. If you could just throw us a post or quick 1 minute update on the forums it would do the server and its moral a world of good.

Cliff Notes : Global OOC and other much needed fixes plz and more communication between devs and players needed to sustain server moral

Global OOC and a pop of 200-250 wud have me all lyk :

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

inb4banned
Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

i think its cute that you think tons o people left over the reasons you listed... as opposed to being repeatedly griefed, trained, camped, etc.

sure a handful of vztz kids rage quit because they could not handle classic EQ xp rates, or the fact that this server was not being run as an online FPS.

as a staff member, would u like to know the complaint i hear most of all? because they all have to do with griefing.

this may be a hard pill to swallow, but being the loudest opinion does NOT make you the majority opinion.

<3
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Sirken buttpones once again.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think its cute that you think tons o people left over the reasons you listed... as opposed to being repeatedly griefed, trained, camped, etc.

sure a handful of vztz kids rage quit because they could not handle classic EQ xp rates, or the fact that this server was not being run as an online FPS.

as a staff member, would u like to know the complaint i hear most of all? because they all have to do with griefing.

this may be a hard pill to swallow, but being the loudest opinion does NOT make you the majority opinion.

<3
^^ Fairly true statement there.
I'll admit the thing that pissed me off the most when I played anyway. It seemed there was ALWAYS some jackass camping the bank. I had no see invis, and he was hidden. Got shit stomped, and then....

Couldn't buy meh spells!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<3
My god, there, he said it.

So why dont you guys take a long hard look at xp loss in pvp?

Is it out of pride that Rogean cannot say "We made a bad decision, lets not keep going in the same direction" ?

Im not trying to flame, im truely wondering.

Because thats what i suspected, that the main reason people left is that they got clusterfucked repeatedly by a holo/whatever gankzerg and lost xp on top of the harsh pve grind, or had to run all the time from bigger groups instead of standing your ground and getting better at pvp.

Please dont say pvp xp loss is not a factor, why else would people petition if it wasnt?

Im "sorta" good in pvp, i dont die that often, and ive lost ships in eve online that take a week of grinding 6 hours a night to buy. So i havent quit because i cant take a loss or bad at the game.

But even with my patient nature, the way i look at hardcore MMOs, after a good 20vs20 3 hour brawl at 50, losing 3 bars or so of xp through maybe 8 deaths in pvp and 2 deaths in pve, i just lose motivation to keep playing. EQ pvp just isnt fun and deep enough that you have to put that amount of time into pve to get back xp you lose in pvp. Its not classic, either. The way you guys set the server up, i gotta invest twice the time i would need otherwise if it was like Rallos to be able to get my fix of pvp. Die in pvp on Rallos? Go take a piss, go make a sandwich, hit a book/web for 5mins. Its not lost time. Here i can get back to pvp right away, but i need to regain that lost time by pveing, which requires my full attention and forces me to do something im bored with after 50 levels of it. I think the problem here might be perspective, that nobody whos deving actually played a toon to 50.

Maybe thats what you meant by not run like an online FPS but thats what classic was, at least in the heavy pvp zones like Gfay/Crushbone and Blackburrow.
Yes, you had players "Bindrushing" each other for hours in Gfay, as in, they were having fun pvping. Thats how i learned to pvp, by repeatedly dying to better players than me, and figuring out what didnt work and what did.

To me thats the mistake that was made, instead of having an action-oriented server like Rallos was , where most people were running naked/cheap gear or with no drop gear pvping all day everyday, having fun, we had a "Numbers or run" server, where pvp doesnt happen that often because people didnt wanna lose xp on top of the harsh pve grind, aimed toward poopsock zone control. You took this idea from blue of having a way to control camps, where it wasnt needed. People would have controled zones anyway, just would have taken more of a fight to do so.

Indirectly, it played right into the hands of the griefers. All the VZTZ crowd poison pop had already experienced EQ pvp, had lots of training. And then you expect outnumbered, outgeared, outexperienced players to eat xp death each time they die. How were they supposed to get better if they cant practice without getting deleveled?

Now with horror twinks that cant lose gear, running around doing this shit? Good luck trying to get new blood started on the server. Im not being doom and gloom here, im being realistic.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 04-14-2012 at 02:49 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Banned

^lol this imbecile thinks it was the 1-3% xp loss on pvp death still, so dumb.

You were banned on blue. You're fucking lucky you're even allowed on the other server.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

<3
actually that's completely bogus, i'm pretty sure i knew what i was getting into (i.e. griefing) when i searched out an everquest pvp emulator server 13 years after the game died

news flash: not all of us are eq pvp noobs (maybe you are, idk) and we realize that griefing comes with the territory, griefing is the reason we play

we stopped playing due to staff basically neglecting the server and doing nothing
Old 04-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned

He's telling you directly that is what he heard most. Are you telling him he's lying to divert attention away from what you think it is? lol
Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^lol this imbecile thinks it was the 1-3% xp loss on pvp death still, so dumb.

You were banned on blue. You're fucking lucky you're even allowed on the other server.
Thats quite the argument you are making against the case i built up there champ.

Harrison derailing every thread about game mechanics for like 3 months in a row now without anyone stepping in to ban him, thats GG as well.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually that's completely bogus, i'm pretty sure i knew what i was getting into (i.e. griefing) when i searched out an everquest pvp emulator server 13 years after the game died

news flash: not all of us are eq pvp noobs (maybe you are, idk) and we realize that griefing comes with the territory, griefing is the reason we play
It does come with the territory, but they added another layer of griefing that was unecessary
Closed Thread