Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default ToV and pulling mobs.

After yesterdays ToV nightmare, something has to be discussed and figured out about trying to pull NToV mobs to WToV zone out, or to any other wing. This creates a massive train that is uncontrollable from when you tag out the mob. Ikatiar the Venom was a fucking shitshow yesterday. Lets all not forget this rule, posted clear as day just a few above this post:

Q11: What about training away trash mobs?
A: This is acceptable, but if you choose to use this tactic, you must keep in mind that you are responsible for your trains/mobs. Meaning if your trainer dies, and the mobs go wipe another guild, that’s still training. When the time comes to purposely drop the train, make sure to communicate and coordinate with any other guilds in the zone.

1. This is exactly what was happening
2. Not one guild communicated when they were pulling or dropping these wing-wide trains.

Discuss
Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

It's not exactly what was happening, mobs were pathing back, your mage was poking his dumb head out of your micro safe spot, and aggroed the returning mobs.

See?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

perhaps if you had communicated and coordinated with the other guilds like the rule states then it would not have happened. as it stand it looks like is in fact exactly what happened.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

That was a pull that had been hopping around for about 10 minutes. Detoxx specifically tried to put on BDA though.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't see any guilds get called out, I saw 4 different guilds fte ikatiar and make a mess yesterday.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't see any guilds get called out, I saw 4 different guilds fte ikatiar and make a mess yesterday.
Pretty sure Detoxx asked every single guild to concede. My logs might be overwhelmed and broken now due to excessive Detoxx tells.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

I know, only rampage owned up to their mistake and conceded though.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Q11: What about training away trash mobs?
A: This is acceptable, but if you choose to use this tactic, you must keep in mind that you are responsible for your trains/mobs. Meaning if your trainer dies, and the mobs go wipe another guild, that’s still training. When the time comes to purposely drop the train, make sure to communicate and coordinate with any other guilds in the zone.
I think theres a big difference sometimes in creating a purposeful train and when sometimes Everquest is a a really crazy frustrating game where shit happens when 250 people are bouncing aggro all over a raid zone

That giant train which buzzed around was not some majestical planned ball of terror - it was the result of alot of mistaking happening all over the zone which got mobs out of place and running all over.

At that point - its impossible to identify any one 'trainer' bc aggro has now been bounced around, this rule is referring to trains like Fearplane etc where you send kiters to ball up shit to get to boss mobs, that is not what is happening in ToV for some of this. Its literally pulls simply failing and shit pathing back.

I think guilds should be well aware where they position themselves and if they are in line with simple unaggro'd mobs walking back to their spawn point - that doesnt seem to be all that useful of a location

For example in that video - it seems that door is very very risky - its a prime spot when it works, but the wrong nub opens the door at the wrong time should not be the fault for a pull that was alrdy over and failed and simply pathing back.

This is an in general statement not really specific to yesterday bc that was a crazy mess. I dont think you can outlaw pulling out of the wings bc lets be frank with 300 people in the zone we cannot have all of us on top of one another in the same spot. That will also cause issues and no one wants that. Pulling mobs keeps EQ fresh and creative - so you cant simply award the mob to the guild poopsocking the spawn point.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Alright, I'm not trying to play the blame game here. Whats done is done. I want ways to correct this going forward. This isn't RnF, this is a place meant to do exactly my intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At that point - its impossible to identify any one 'trainer' bc aggro has now been bounced around, this rule is referring to trains like Fearplane etc where you send kiters to ball up shit to get to boss mobs, that is not what is happening in ToV for some of this. Its literally pulls simply failing and shit pathing back.
In this situation, it seems fair to consider the guild as the single puller, because you're right, you can't pin it on one person. That does not excuse it though.
Last edited by Detoxx; 10-12-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Another day of trying to pull Aaryonar to West ToV. This shit cannot happen anymore, youre entire train comes back and the boss if u wipe and wipes out everyone in its path. If u want to contest mobs, why the fuck arent you in NToV