Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I want to roll a Troll SK

Like the title says i want to roll a troll SK (maaaaaayybe Iksar if they can be that class but i'm pretty set on troll) but a few things concern me. I am not well versed in all the equations behind each stat but i wanna know what's important. So

1. Troll SK starts with like 63 INT. How important is that for SK? Should i try to raise it to above dismal?

2. My theme was to play off the troll's regen and i was thinkin about just dumping into STA. Is that wise? Or should I i dump in STR since the troll's regen has the STA thing covered so as not to beat a dead horse...

3. Any ideas or aspects i am not seeing?

Feel free to give any advice or perspective.

TY,

goblin
Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to group mainly (or raid later), then STA is great as it allows your healer to be more relaxed. For soloing i would chose STR in order to do more damage. The differences are not that big though, so either way it will work.

STA seems to be harder to get from items though.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 AM
Fire Giant

make sure AGI is 75, rest into sta or maybe dex if you plan to be raid geared some day
Old 10-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar is definitely the superior choice. You can fix faction. You can fix stats with buffs and gear (it might cost a lot, but it can be fixed), but you can never do Greenmist or add the extra AC on a Troll.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Iksar look like shit swinging a 2hander. Also, they can't bash with a 2hander.

If you love sword and board, iksar is great. Greenmist is awesome.

If you would like to deal more damage and like looking fat, Troll is awesome.

If you like to solo...
85 agility (so you are still at 75 with fungi tunic)
rest into int
Old 10-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for input, peeps. I have no idea about long term goals with my characters. So raid or not, i didn't realize those would take me down 2 different paths. What else is there to do end game? I've been playing a month so i'm not sure how to really assess (is that spelled right?) those points when rolling a character. My philosophy is everything's better with friends. And i guess i pictured making this guy who can just take a beating and not care...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

If you were playing in 1999 that 63 INT would suck, because Verant in their infinite wisdom gimped hybrid mana pools and also had sekrit increases to mana costs for some spells, so that L9 troll SKs could not cast their pet spell, because everybody knows that a L1 skellie is super overpowered for a L9 tank class.

Here it won't hurt you much. Also, trolls are good looking, almost as good looking as half-elfs and infinitely better looking than ogres and dorfs and leezards.

Go troll or go home!
Old 10-14-2015, 04:38 AM
Banned

greenmist sucks

int if you plan on raiding since str/stam/dex/agi can be maxed much more easily than int
Old 10-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

STA does not affect regen. Regen is fixed values per tick, not % based. More STA increases your hp pool, by 5.3/point at L60. So dumping all your points into sta will give you an extra 106hp at level 60 and far less than that at level 1. It is more difficult to max than other melee stats, but perhaps less so than int. If primarily grouping, more STA means more efficient heals for clerics L39+.

More INT means you will last longer without mana regen. Large mana pools are generally overrated because it all comes back at the same speed. However, tiny mana pools can be a detriment in longer fights without mana regen.

Getting AGI to 75 is a must. Getting it to 85 so you can still be at 75 while wearing a fungi is a worthy consideration, but a fungi is not just around the corner for you either ^^
Old 10-14-2015, 11:50 AM
Banned

i put everything in INT, slightly regret it cuz now i have to wear AGI gear to compensate for fungi .. tho djarns helps nicely on its own
Closed Thread