Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

this shit still going? lol rather play swgemu.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this shit still going? lol rather play swgemu.
I'd be down for a LOTRO pre-SoM server [PvE]. Sadly, never did play DAoC [PvP].
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 08-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Aviak

I'm still hoping for a vanilla rift emu, only mmo I really got into after eq
Old 08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Aviak

For now I'll stick to nost since I have nothing better :P
Old 08-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Kobold

This pretty much sums up /chat in WOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ual-3YI7j2A

"Kyle, this is how the World works. If you want to make quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first"

Having an absolute blast on Nostalrius. Still occasionally need to FTE on newbie quest mobs / spawns. Shit is real. The Night-Elf 'Emerald Dreamcatcher' quest actually makes you wait for a piece of furniture to spawn, which has a quest object inside. Taking the object, causes the piece of furniture to de-spawn. Yep! Players actually formed queues! So very British.

I actually had my first couple of groups, and made my first friend on WOW. Incoming "friends" Inbetweeners thumb GIF from Swish in 3 .. 2 .. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Banned

i got this nostalrius thing going, now which should i select regular, pvp, rp, rppvp? or does it matter? ive never played WoW before.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got this nostalrius thing going, now which should i select regular, pvp, rp, rppvp? or does it matter? ive never played WoW before.
What do you prefer in MMOs: PvE or PvP? RP or non-RP?

Do you enjoy role-play in other MMOs? If so, choose one of the RP ones; otherwise PvE or PVP.

I paid 2 transfer fees from RP servers in previous MMOs to non-RP. Purely, because I felt that if I didn't RP most of the time, I would be diluting the experience of players who chose a RP server to RP.
Last edited by Riotgirl; 08-19-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you prefer in MMOs: PvE or PvP? RP or non-RP?

Do you enjoy role-play in other MMOs? If so, choose one of the RP ones; otherwise PvE or PVP.

I paid 2 transfer fees from RP servers in previous MMOs to non-RP. Purely, because I felt that if I didn't RP most of the time, I would be diluting the experience of players who chose a RP server to RP.
heh i more or less meant which one was most populated, but it turns out there is only one nostalrius server. theyre all pvp. atleast i clicked on the the only one that said nostalrius and it was pvp.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh i more or less meant which one was most populated, but it turns out there is only one nostalrius server. theyre all pvp. atleast i clicked on the the only one that said nostalrius and it was pvp.
Sorry, misread your question. Hmmm ... when I created my character I swear there were 4 separate Realms? In reality, is there just one Realm? Will check tomorrow by creating a new dummy character.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
There is only 1 choice if you wanna play on Nost, the others are test realms i believe.

I've been playing a month or so, some tips/things I've noticed:
Type /leave general. The chat in the 10-30 zones is akin to red99 global ooc, full of degenerate immature trolls, and just like red99 it makes the whole community look terrible.
Blind invites, you will get tons of these as with a population fluctuating from 4k-9k there will be tons of competition for spawns and everyone gets credit for "kill # boars".
Quest items are FFA, if you're in a group and a quest item drops it ignores group loot settings and anyone can grab it (people always yell about this for some reason).
No "out of range" for pvp, bored/dbag high levels on BOTH sides gank the hell out of lowbies. Once you start hitting contested zones, 20+ typically, it can be a mess depending on where you go. STV is notorious for this, don't set foot near the Nesingwary camp!!!
It's Vanilla, kill kill kill. Quest hub to quest hub wasn't really a thing till later expansions. You still need to kill plenty of mobs betwixt questing otherwise you'll quickly run out of things to do.
Rogue/Warrior. If you want to run dungeons/raid and want loot I'd advise not picking either of these, about 1/3 of the server is made up of warriors and rogues.

Lastly I'd say find a leveling and/or casual guild not full of /general trolls, helps a lot when trying to find a group.