Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed explanation.

Would EQmac be free to play on for ex EQ players? My reading of Smed's post was that old players would be grandfathered into a silver account, but it's not clear to me if you can play EQmac on a silver account, or if you need gold.
EQMac will not have any subscription tiers or a marketplace.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

The king is dead, long live the king?

How's the guide/GM support over there? Are things actually being handled or is it not necessary because ppl aren't a bunch of mongoloids?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

two words
pok stones
no thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Very happy for the Mac server, I know it would have hurt to lose your toons you have been working on for years.

But I still believe it is in your best interest to spend your gaming time here. Correct me if I am wrong but your active population was half of what P99 is currently at.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

You can say what you want about SOE, but if they really are making EQMac completely and totally free, that's pretty awesome.

Makes me wonder if they'd do the same for Pre-Luclin Classic if they ever found a stable code base for it....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

im really hopeing to give this a try but i only have a PC
i have an active EQ live account can i use that to play EQmac ?

if so can anyone post a how to guide to get PC to work with mac
thank you
Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQMac will not have any subscription tiers or a marketplace.
Thank you for the reply. I will say that is a very exciting alternative. I think we are fortunate to have such great options, p1999 and EQMac.

One other question. I think one of the real draws of p1999 is the anti hacking code. The article on Cheating In Everquest makes a great example of why playing on EQ live is no fun:

Quote:
Suddenly a group of 8 characters appeared right in front of us. Before we had a chance to ask any questions the group ran ahead, pulled all three bosses on top of our raid and poofed out of existence. We fought valiantly, but without being fully prepared we fell. It was a wipe. Lucky for us we had managed to save a rezzer from the train, so after things looked safe again we began rezzing our raid. Then, again, this mysterious group of 8 suddenly appeared in front of us, and began killing the targets we were setting up for
People multi boxing, using MQ, and other third party tools makes the game simply unplayable for everyone else. I think I read somewhere that Naggy has been on lockdown for months on one of the progression severs by a single guy who boxes a group of six with MQ. It's terrible, and not fun.

The draw of p1999 for me was the ban on multi boxing, MQ, etc. Are any such provisions made on EQMac to prevent it from degenerating into what the live progression servers have become?
Last edited by LizardNecro; 02-16-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Mac server bans MQ use I believe but I'm pretty sure boxing is allowed which is $$$$.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The file that Secerts posted over on FOH has been removed. Can someone who has the file rehost it? Or if anything, PM me about it.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The file that Secerts posted over on FOH has been removed. Can someone who has the file rehost it? Or if anything, PM me about it.
+1 . Would love to give it a test run on PC