Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 02:21 AM
Banned

Default civ 6 ?

just friggn bought it

downloadin now
Old 10-22-2016, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Haven't played it yet but can say with certainty that I already knew skarlorn was among the chosen few aware of its release.

Shalom.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-22-2016, 02:37 AM
Banned

Seems good, better than civ 5 at launch anyway. I don't understand a lot of the mechanics like accommodations yet. Glad to see global happiness is out. Art style is awful and I find the game hard to look at, like it hurts my eyes trying to decide which tiles are resource tiles (game defaults to having the obnoxious resource icons on, so I think the devs are aware of how cluttered their "pretty" map is). Annoying cutscenes intermixed into the gameplay with no toggle off. Turn processing time is really high right from the get-go, feels like a multiplayer Civ 5 in how fucking long it takes. There is something to the core gameplay though, it's WAY better and more complete feeling than I am accustomed to nowadays in my pirated AAA games.

I haven't made it past 1000ad yet tho. The tech tree looks pretty stunted is my major concern - nukes are very close to the end of the line.
Last edited by big_ole_jpn; 10-22-2016 at 02:46 AM..
Old 10-22-2016, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems good, better than civ 5 at launch anyway. I don't understand a lot of the mechanics like accommodations yet. Glad to see global happiness is out. Art style is awful and I find the game hard to look at, like it hurts my eyes trying to decide which tiles are resource tiles (game defaults to having the obnoxious resource icons on, so I think the devs are aware of how cluttered their "pretty" map is). Annoying cutscenes intermixed into the gameplay with no toggle off. Turn processing time is really high right from the get-go, feels like a multiplayer Civ 5 in how fucking long it takes. There is something to the core gameplay though, it's WAY better and more complete feeling than I am accustomed to nowadays in my pirated AAA games.

I haven't made it past 1000ad yet tho. The tech tree looks pretty stunted is my major concern - nukes are very close to the end of the line.
hoping it turns out to be better than what you're saying here. i was on the fence for about 30 seconds, watched 10 seconds of a trailer and the cutscene cinematic made me Cum for buy
Old 10-22-2016, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hoping it turns out to be better than what you're saying here. i was on the fence for about 30 seconds, watched 10 seconds of a trailer and the cutscene cinematic made me Cum for buy
It's better than what you should be expecting. All my gripes are UI so far
Old 10-22-2016, 03:13 AM
Banned

I like it so far but I've been too busy to play it a lot. It seems that they decided to make it more intricate rather than less. That's a good call IMO. I also like the "boost" for techs/civics. It allows your empire to be more customized by its environment, which adds a feeling of authenticity to the game.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

4 and 5 needed a few expansions to become good, I suspect this will be no exception. Will sate my grand strategy / 4x fiending with stellaris and hoi4 until then
Old 10-22-2016, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

^ advice from the temple.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-22-2016, 05:08 AM
Banned

It's reasonable advice but this game actually seems fleshed out, has trade routes + religion + the various systems that were only added in expansions in the past. Worth a pirate.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Hmmm... yeah I have been watching the countdown, they have even been putting older versions on sale leading up to this. I've been thinking about buying it, though maybe on sale, but then I have enough games atm that I picked up over the summer sales. They will probably have some nice expansions for this too, as they usually do.

I am craving something that is new but artsy fartsy though. Been watching the design & illustration section the past couple months, and there are like 17 pages of sales there right now. I'm thinking about picking up RPG MV, since I still have something left in the wallet after summer sales. Older versions are as low as 90% atm, though the latest is 50% and the only one with android export. Huummmmmm... decisions decisions... There are a few things on sale at steam atm, looking not so bad.