Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-03-2017, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Hmmm why would they not want weapon proc rate to be trivial..? Oh because it made tanking super easy, which was not their intention for the class or the game. It isn't hard to draw the parallel to mallets here.

Just stop trying to tie this to proc rates already, I have really admitted this post isn't about proc rates but is about how classic EQ was meant to be played as a tank.

I am arguing for ivandyr hoop treatment for agro clickies based on that patch note and past history on p99 that saw clicky abuse.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am arguing for ivandyr hoop treatment for agro clickies based on that patch note and past history on p99 that saw clicky abuse.
as happy said, the patch note had to do with weapon proc rates and not clicky aggro, and the ivandyr's hoop change should be reverted - it's not classic mechanics.

recharging was possible in this era
midnight mallets and spider nets existed in this era
resisted spells generated aggro in this era (although whether or not it was 100% of the potential aggro is up for debate)

if you want to see something changed, provide evidence - you can't just post a "bug" because you personally don't like the way something works
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

I can't believe how many people are disregarding the intention of that note and just saying, "blah blah blah it only had to do with proc rates". I honestly don't understand how you can be that narrow sighted.

This is a server to recreate the classic experience of Everquest, there are rare exceptions where actions need to be taken to keep it a classic experience (see: Hoops). I'm a firm believer that Mallets and other agro clickies ruin that experience. Its clear from PART of the patch note (hope that helps) that they did not intend to make keeping a mobs attention super easy while tanking.

I get you are trying to say proc rates made it too easy so they nerfed the proc rates only but left the clickies alone, I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying if these clickies were widespread knowledge and everyone used them to end-game tank a nerf would have been swift.

Everyone talks tough about how much harder EQ is and the babies should go play 'easy mode WoW', yet defending these items that make this game insanely easier and removes one of the few challenging aspects of EQ raiding (obtaining agro, holding agro, and tank swapping).

I am not going to bump this thread with useless bumps to get attention, I've more than made my point. If you all stop replying it has a chance to just fade away. I will defend my position if you challenge it however. We've both made our points, your call if you want this thread to disappear off the front page or not.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe how many people are disregarding the intention of that note and just saying, "blah blah blah it only had to do with proc rates". I honestly don't understand how you can be that narrow sighted.

This is a server to recreate the classic experience of Everquest, there are rare exceptions where actions need to be taken to keep it a classic experience (see: Hoops). I'm a firm believer that Mallets and other agro clickies ruin that experience. Its clear from PART of the patch note (hope that helps) that they did not intend to make keeping a mobs attention super easy while tanking.

I get you are trying to say proc rates made it too easy so they nerfed the proc rates only but left the clickies alone, I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying if these clickies were widespread knowledge and everyone used them to end-game tank a nerf would have been swift.

Everyone talks tough about how much harder EQ is and the babies should go play 'easy mode WoW', yet defending these items that make this game insanely easier and removes one of the few challenging aspects of EQ raiding (obtaining agro, holding agro, and tank swapping).

I am not going to bump this thread with useless bumps to get attention, I've more than made my point. If you all stop replying it has a chance to just fade away. I will defend my position if you challenge it however. We've both made our points, your call if you want this thread to disappear off the front page or not.
If you want the instant clicks to be nerfed then you first need to find the exact proc rates of every weapon and then make sure they are the same on P99 as they were on Live. Come back when you're finished with that.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On one hand, vendor recharge is classic and seeing that go away would be very unclassic. On the other hand the widespread use of Mallets / Reapers / Wort pots is really stupid.
Off topic, but fyi on red where there is no vendor recharge, using mallets to hold aggro in raids is still widespread. It's just more expensive.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That feeling... When people just don't get it...
You mean like how you're not getting this? This whole post is an exercise in vanity. You're wrong. Let it go.

If you were petitioning to have the proc hate changed, then you might get support, even if it nerfed tanks.

But that's not what you're doing here. You're making a suggestion to change spell hate based on your feelings. That's not what this subforum is for.

It's time for you to stop posting in this thread.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Fail to see how this is vanity related, and I'm not trying to get spell hate changed here per se, just bringing tanking dynamics more in line with classic era of the day. I really question if people have even read my responses or just rage post after reading things they don't agree with. This is a justification thread for nerf ala PBAoE, Kozzalym spawn change, and Ivandyrs Hoops.

If a dev our mod find this thread inappropriate for this area and want to delete / move this thread I won't be offended in the least, I have made my case and had my say. This is their box to do as they wish and I'm thankful for what they've done.

Here's an idea, if you want this thread to go away stop insulting me and posting in it. Plenty of people have already backed your opinion.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
This is a justification thread for nerf ala PBAoE, Kozzalym spawn change, and Ivandyrs Hoops.
Then posting it in the bugs forum with "classic evidence" in the title is completely wrong.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then posting it in the bugs forum with "classic evidence" in the title is completely wrong.
His classic evidence seems real. I haven't personally validated it.

It just has nothing to do with nerfing spell hate like he's requesting, though.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.