Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's good that shamans and druids become better at healing, though end game on P99 shamans can heal about as well as clerics with Torpor in groups. But where clerics shine in classic EQ is in raids with the CH chain. Did this follow through to PoP or does it stay equal where clerics aren't as needed? I only ask because I plan to main a cleric on Agnarr and now I wonder if I won't be as wanted for groups and raids.
Cleric remains the best healer, and groups always need healers. Clerics are still the kings of resurrection (Shamans Druids can't 95% res or any res), and are slightly better at healing than Shamans and Druids. They have the best HP/AC buffs. So the main thing is they aren't required for grouping. They still are needed in Raids and wanted in groups. Druids join Clerics in the CH chain -- but their CH spell (which now has a cap instead of being a true Complete Heal) isn't quite as good.

I remember one decked out cleric used to mostly melee instead of sit while exp grinding BoT. That kind of highlights why some would argue Druids are better to exp grind with. That being said, Cleric/Shaman or Cleric/Druid combos in one group is common for difficult content.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-27-2017 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Banned

Shamans continue to be very good like during the Trilogy era. It's just they loose a bit of that end game solo god status. In general they can't navigate the world of Luclin/PoP as arrogantly as they could in Velious and especially Kunark (ohh man if they ever do a re99 I'm going Shaman probably).

I played a PvP server, so It was particularly pronounced. Shamans used to be very good at PvP pre-Luclin and fared pretty bad most the way through Luclin and PoP .
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-27-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

I play an Enchanter on Phinny and there is nothing more powerful for solo play. In Plane of Fire, I charm a Field 1 horse and destroy anything in Field 1, Jopal Island, etc... I can also solo any of the named that spawn there as long as I can land a slow.

In groups, I charm a F1 Horse and bring it to Castle and just have a cleric there for cheal. No tank can keep aggro from the pet since it triples for ~720.

In raids, Enchanters are boring as hell and most guilds just zerg content so even trying to CC is pointless.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play an Enchanter on Phinny and there is nothing more powerful for solo play. In Plane of Fire, I charm a Field 1 horse and destroy anything in Field 1, Jopal Island, etc... I can also solo any of the named that spawn there as long as I can land a slow.

In groups, I charm a F1 Horse and bring it to Castle and just have a cleric there for cheal. No tank can keep aggro from the pet since it triples for ~720.

In raids, Enchanters are boring as hell and most guilds just zerg content so even trying to CC is pointless.
My understanding is it will be very hard to zerg down the content of PoP if it was anything like live.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is it will be very hard to zerg down the content of PoP if it was anything like live.
Honestly, it's pretty zergable. Not to the extent that content is here, but in a 72 man raid, 20 people can be clueless and them targets still melt.

There are a couple exceptions - people screwing up on Xegony and letting shit gate and Rathe Council.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Banned

Is the crafting completely modernized? That is to say, will there be things like modern Troll cultural armor? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=3047
Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

How does porting work there? I've heard of the travel getting broke from pok maybe? I never played then... but I would consider a Wizard partly for the travel.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-03-2017, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about not being using a clicky to refresh the GCD timer? Does it matter much to you?

I'm used to the fast-paced action on P99, and the 1.5 - 2.0 sec forced pause between each spell in live sounds so depressing.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Just don't play chain if you want elemental armor.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsure of which class to roll on Agnarr when it comes out.

How are enchanters? Are they as powerful as on p99? What about necros?

Rangers are good and will be my default choice. Monks are outshadowed by bards when it comes to pulling, right?

Are warriors fun to play?
Warriors: Fun only because the social aspect of being a raid tank. Boring class IMO. But if you like them, it is best to get them geared before Luclin launches. They need AAs from that point on to do their job well.

Necromancers are a DPS class and not a /twitch class on Agnarr. They are actually competitive for no. 1 DPS. It's not as easy to solo PoP as Kunark/Velious, but Necros can still do it (esp. with charm undead).

Rangers start to come in their own in Luclin with high bow damage discs. and crits. They out DPS every other class on some fights.

Monks and Bards are both needed. I think Bards are a little more needed at the very end. But that simplifies things down to "who pulls best in PoT?." Bards don't do good damage until Omens IMO. Monks do good damage, but are overshadowed by classes like Necromancer, Wizard, Ranger, and even well-geared Rogues.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-17-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Closed Thread