Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Main turn off for me is ZERO GM presence. You can basically train all day, and nothing will ever happen. Also there is no such thing as KS'n on a TLP server due to daybreak stating "everything will be a dps race". Which translates to "we don't have the resources to police our servers so your on your own"

Also as someone else stated, yes a lot of high end items will be camped in multiple instances for people to sell for Krono's.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of hacks that are on live servers. Like someone said previously, nearly everyone used ShowEQ. Some also use MacroQuest as well. And before someone says that's is untrue because "MacroQuest dev's don't support the TLP servers" yes that is true, but that don't mean you can't write your own code for it to work on them. I know for a fact because a close friend of mine uses it on them.

TLDR, if you can sometimes deal with training, KS'n, and some people using hacks, then TLP might be for you.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Main turn off for me is ZERO GM presence. You can basically train all day, and nothing will ever happen. Also there is no such thing as KS'n on a TLP server due to daybreak stating "everything will be a dps race". Which translates to "we don't have the resources to police our servers so your on your own"

Also as someone else stated, yes a lot of high end items will be camped in multiple instances for people to sell for Krono's.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of hacks that are on live servers. Like someone said previously, nearly everyone used ShowEQ. Some also use MacroQuest as well. And before someone says that's is untrue because "MacroQuest dev's don't support the TLP servers" yes that is true, but that don't mean you can't write your own code for it to work on them. I know for a fact because a close friend of mine uses it on them.

TLDR, if you can sometimes deal with training, KS'n, and some people using hacks, then TLP might be for you.
100% why i would never leave p99 for that crap server
Old 04-26-2017, 01:44 AM
Large Rat

agnarr is gonna be tite. we should have a p99 guild for sure. pm me if u want a pimp who #nolyfe4lyfe #eqismana
Old 04-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, thats disappointing, however the "instance" system might make up for it.

Right now I can't enjoy p99 at all because anything I want to solo is camped 24/7, making it very NOT fun right now.
Most people that claim this simply never go outside their usual common routine of camps.

I see people claim this in /ooc, and when you ask them what they are trying to do, and they say XP where it's not as crowded, as soon as you give them other options they make up lazy excuses as to why they can't go to those other spots for XP or loot etc.

These kinds of players typically are whining malcontents who want to magically log into the game, and have easy to access XP or loots handed to them on a silver platter.

If you want instant camps and easy to gain XP where you don't have to explore or do research on how to get it, I'd suggest trying another game that offers dungeon group finders and instanced dungeons because Everquest simply isn't that way, particularly on P99.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I wasn't considering it but I'll just reconfirm here that P99 does classic EQ better than anyone else - no third party programs allowed, staff that care about the community and best of all a community that can't fragment off into their own instanced Norraths.

P99 for me folks <3
Old 04-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

It is certainly very tempting. I think I will give it a whirl and see if this KS-fest is a real thing or not. Not having corpse runs may be an immediate deal breaker though. No challenge, no fun.

Curious to see if all the usual lazy spots are camped quite often: LFay Sisters, Treants, spire gnolls, etc. I suppose that will rely on $ itemization or experience modifiers/quest turn ins...
Old 04-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is certainly very tempting. I think I will give it a whirl and see if this KS-fest is a real thing or not.
You don't have to take my word for it. Look here ...

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...-new-server/p2

They are talking about the TLP server Ragefire, but my issues (NO GM Support, KS'n, and Hacks) with the new TLP servers still hold water.
Last edited by Speedi; 04-26-2017 at 01:42 PM..
Old 04-26-2017, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You don't have to take my word for it. Look here ...

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...-new-server/p2

They are talking about the TLP server Ragefire, but my issues (NO GM Support, KS'n, and Hacks) with the new TLP servers still hold water.
Not doubting ya, just holding on to a sliver of hope that Agnarr is not a mess. We shall see I suppose...
Old 04-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Other than the map and the slightly higher regen for character classes not much is diffrent in the TLP, you can still wipe really easily and the challenge is still there, you can also bind via a NPC but you still need other players to teleport pre PoP

Also keep in mind this is a TRUE BOX server so bots are restricted completely and in order to run multiple characters you need multiple machines
Last edited by Kanuvan; 04-29-2017 at 03:18 AM..
Old 04-29-2017, 03:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd suggest trying another game
Yes, exactly why he wants to play on Agnarr. What was your point?
Closed Thread