Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, BLs are OP. With the right equipment they can tank well. Slow, root, utility buff have a pet that can tank (not out dps a mage pet but same HP and stats).

They aren't raid mob tanks, but easily tank a slew of other types of mobs in the world (especially after slowing).

Both Mage and BL complement each other with Utility items they can summon in PoP. A combo of both is amazing.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding Mage pets, what exactly do you mean when you say broken? In comparison to...P99?

Because P99 mages pets are not classic at all and are dumb down tremendously. Not saying this isn't one of the best classic experiences any person can get, but I'm just saying they flat out broke mage pets on this server.
The damage is overtuned and scaled to the latest expansion.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage is overtuned and scaled to the latest expansion.
OH! Well, then yes. They will be OP from the get go. OMG...wow.

Which also means that a mage that doesn't get their epic, the MS pet series will be even more OP. When they added MonsterSumAttack proc to those pets in Luclin, they became beasts.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

PVP ????
Old 04-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Johnson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All classes become viable with AA points

even lousy dps classes can be amazing dps classes with gear + AA

that's why eq sucks before pop
I wouldn't say it 'sucks'. I would say it is bias and absolutely racist.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Still split between enchanter and ranger.

Kinda afraid of leveling an enc (I'll be playing casually) just to realize it is a buff bot.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Johnson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All classes become viable with AA points

even lousy dps classes can be amazing dps classes with gear + AA

that's why eq sucks before pop
Before someone reads this and makes a bard -- let me just warn you that Bards are never great DPS. Even though they do get a little better.

It's not just the AA's. It's also things like adding spell crits in (duh), making sure other healers can heal, ensuring rogues aren't x2 as good dps for half the effort as other dps... etc.

They started balancing the game better by Luclin. PoP is the golden era before the game basically got too old and mudflated (obviously my opinion). Some argue that Omens was really good too. I'll never know because that's when I left for WoW. Remember that if you play past GoD....your basically playing an MMO contemporary to WoW at that point. And you can see the WoW influence then and thereafter.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

enchanter is the best class because of charm... being able to charm a mob in bothunder/potactics/eles will be amazing dps... but its stressful

next up is ranger because their bow dps is sick + they get headshot so farming is awesome

everything else about the same in terms of balance besides sk; imo they are the worst class in PoP
Old 04-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanter is the best class because of charm... being able to charm a mob in bothunder/potactics/eles will be amazing dps... but its stressful

next up is ranger because their bow dps is sick + they get headshot so farming is awesome

everything else about the same in terms of balance besides sk; imo they are the worst class in PoP
I used to solo charm Plane of Storms for pretty ridiculous exp as a Druid. I think mages can charm in BoT too. But I remember most the time people would duo because charming mobs that summon and plow you is hard without a healer. Lots of Enchanter/Cleric etc. As a Druid I was able to solo by just insta-gating if my charm broke at the wrong time.

Sks probably are the worst class in PoP but they still are in a better spot than Velious. Sks were really good at solo farming old boss mobs if I remember right.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Kobold

It's good that shamans and druids become better at healing, though end game on P99 shamans can heal about as well as clerics with Torpor in groups. But where clerics shine in classic EQ is in raids with the CH chain. Did this follow through to PoP or does it stay equal where clerics aren't as needed? I only ask because I plan to main a cleric on Agnarr and now I wonder if I won't be as wanted for groups and raids.
Closed Thread