Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Default Permafrost Bear Caves

Hello there.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some more info on this cave system.

I know how to get there, and I know to avoid the Necro in the back left, however the I've read about a Lich that will very likely kill my level 36 Shaman.

I'd like to be able to camp the bear for my totemic helm pretty soon, but I'm worried about this Lich.

Where does he spawn? Where does he roam? Where can I stay to make sure I avoid him?

Any info anyone could provide would be appreciated. Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

/friend amyas

if you find me on this weekend and im not helping my wife or what not i'll go down there with you. My druid is bound at the bottom.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Do you mean the everfrost bear caves? Permafrost bear pits is something COMPLETELY different.

The Lich of Miragul is undead so I think invis vs undead should keep you safe. Potion of Unlife Awareness should be well within your means if you've been working on your alchemy. Otherwise I believe it just wanders through the hallways when it's up, so take care when traveling.

For other (era-appropriate) info, see here: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7605

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 04-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you mean the everfrost bear caves? Permafrost bear pits is something COMPLETELY different.

The Lich of Miragul is undead so I think invis vs undead should keep you safe. Potion of Unlife Awareness should be well within your means if you've been working on your alchemy. Otherwise I believe it just wanders through the hallways when it's up, so take care when traveling.

For other (era-appropriate) info, see here: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7605

That link was helpful, apparently you can avoid the Lich sitting in the back right corner.

Thank you!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Large Bat

Drop in cave, go to about pos 4500 neg 4000. Bear will eventually show up, if he's up. That's where I found him the number of times I've been down there. Don't go too deep in because of the necromancer.

Don't freak out too much. I know I did when I first went there. It was pretty cake. Hopefully that ^ helps.

Corrected: The post you found is an even better tip. =) Be safe.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrimatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drop in cave, go to about pos 4500 neg 4000. Bear will eventually show up, if he's up. That's where I found him the number of times I've been down there. Don't go too deep in because of the necromancer.

Don't freak out too much. I know I did when I first went there. It was pretty cake. Hopefully that ^ helps.

Corrected: The post you found is an even better tip. =) Be safe.
Deosn't that bear have place holders or a VERY long respawn timer?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^

This. Very long, people poping in during spwn time and huge undercon mob. Had to run him all the way over to a guy killing ice Giants couple years ago
Old 04-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are roaming placeholders with a long respawn. Read the wiki
Old 04-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Lich of Miragul is undead so I think invis vs undead should keep you safe.
On this server the Lich of Miragul sees through invis, both normal and vs. undead. He has a massive detection range too. If you are somewhat close to the point where you swam in and look for him at the intersection from the furthest point you can be to spot his crossing, you will be okay. If you walk down the hall a short amount towards the intersection you risk his picking you up and it will curtains for your adventure. From personal experience, a lvl 60 necromancer w/ Emissary of Thule can solo him. He has an absurdly large amount of HP's for his level.

I haven't tested if he sees through rogue sneak / hide.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Large Bat

I guess I have just been very lucky everytime I swung by to check, he was up. But yes, it has a long spawn time with PH.
Closed Thread