Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornin3.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server lost a lot of good players.. Not saying Cast was a model citizen or what he did on forums was right.. But this server lost a lot of good EQ PvPers.. The type of people you want on a PvP server. The type of people who played EQ classic pvp on the original EQ classic pvp servers. The type of people you want on an emulated classic pvp server to have it most closely resemble the original classic pvp servers. Bluebies couldnt handle their PvE interrupted so made pvprs to be villians using their large bluebie numbers. Its a pvp server.
your guild is the number 1 advocate for non classic mechanics

sounds like the pvpers your describing came from a broken pvp box and wish they still had it and are mad and sad that they dont
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdklaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your guild is the number 1 advocate for non classic mechanics

sounds like the pvpers your describing came from a broken pvp box and wish they still had it and are mad and sad that they dont
You do not like creating a box that will benefit the most people and create the highest population.

Let me put it simply to you.

When I use the word classic, I use it in terms of content, not game mechanics.

This is a classic PvP server that none of the classic pvp population wants to play. A classic server that none of the market for classic pvp want to play. Most all of the market for classic people left this server for D3, Starwars, and Tera. The population of 500+ people that started day 1 of this server was the target market for the server to attract. 90% of those people said that the server is not good and they will play something else. The population that consistently played VZTZ, the longest running classic pvp box and if it had anti MQ would still be up, said they do not like this classic pvp server and went and played something else. Whether you like those people or not, they know classic pvp.

Clear enough? Understand your pvp box is full of PvE'rs yet?<<<NOT CLASSIC.
Last edited by Mornin3.0; 04-20-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

EQ differentiates itself from other MMO's by being able to farm the pixels you want and grouping. Those are the reasons a lot of people play this 12yrold emu box.

The PvP server was created for the small population of PvPers that didn't want to wait in line on the blue server. The fun of PvP (for me at least) is being able to have a mix of group exp and group PvP, or zone hopping sniping people. It's also fun to be able to go kick someone out of a camp I want in guk or anywhere else. So if those things are things that only bluebies like, then sorry buddy but it was not made to be VZTZ2.0 with a bunch of hacking cant handle classic short bussers.

This is not quake live, this is not WoW, THIS IS Project1999, a name brand EQEmu PvP server.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by jdklaw; 04-20-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdklaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is about being able to farm pixels and grouping, thats what seperates it from instancing scrub mmo's. Those are the reasons a lot of people play this 12yrold emu box.

The PvP server was created for the small population of PvPers that didn't want to wait in line on the blue server. The fun of PvP (for me at least) is being able to have a mix of group exp and group PvP, or zone hopping sniping people. It's also fun to be able to go kick someone out of a camp I want in guk or anywhere else. So if those things are things that only bluebies like, then sorry buddy but it was not made to be VZTZ2.0 with a bunch of hacking cant handle classic short bussers.

This is not quake live, this is not WoW, THIS IS Project1999, a name brand EQEmu PvP server.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your guild is led by people who were banned from blue from RMTing and Boxing. They came to this server for some of them to also be banned for RMTing and Boxing.

You are right about a lot that you say though and this is not 1999. The population doesnt have thousands or even hundreds of players. No one asks for an instant lvl 50 server but your a druid. Go make a lvl 1 melee and see how far you get w.o twink/PL. Server is dying and needs help. Cannot keep ignorant to that and thinking its alive and well and you actually griefed holo off server. Holo was griefed off server by GMs and you and your guild will be too when the changes you want/need will be ignored.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Aviak

LOL!!!

Just because Morning wants OOC, YT, and fixes to PvP resists, etc. doesn't mean he wants an EQ FPS.

He wants a server where PvP is the primary goal, while exp and pixels are just a means to the goal. The current system doesn't allow this and supports the PvE zerg.

Lets compare and contrast the two camps - Holo vs Nih...

Grief (training, bind camping, etc.), things Morning and his guild have been accused of, have everything to do with the primary goal of this server. Most everyone on here expect and accept this kind of behavior, excluding the most intentional training. Hell, corpse camping and bind camping was used as a legit tactic against people who wouldn't LnS or bind rushed on live. Also, training was legit on SZ.

RMT and Boxing, things your guild have been consistently accused of, has nothing to do with PvP and everything to do with exp and pixel greed. Go back to blue if that's what you want.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornin3.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your guild is led by people who were banned from blue from RMTing and Boxing. They came to this server for some of them to also be banned for RMTing and Boxing.

You are right about a lot that you say though and this is not 1999. The population doesnt have thousands or even hundreds of players. No one asks for an instant lvl 50 server but your a druid. Go make a lvl 1 melee and see how far you get w.o twink/PL. Server is dying and needs help. Cannot keep ignorant to that and thinking its alive and well and you actually griefed holo off server. Holo was griefed off server by GMs and you and your guild will be too when the changes you want/need will be ignored.
I don't know anything about their account status on blue, but if they were banned for those offenses, then obviously they have a magnifying glass on them on red.

Your right the population is low, but theres a lot of factors that played in that, including the fact that the huge numbers were only so inflated because the new pvp server was exciting and half of blue came over to try it out and went back. Epics were released shortly after which was really a bad decision, but what can you do, they have a progression they needed to stick to. I understand the bugginess and broken mechanics played a role in a large number of the other quitters.

I do have a melee, a hybrid at that, and my real life friend also has 2 or 3 melees with hybrids mixed in. I am familiar with the difficulty, but thats why we mostly duo.

Want to know what we've learned by doing the low level exp/pvp grind, its that if your not a complete d bag and have a little bit of class, you can PvP and also group with the people you PvP'd. The people that you are PvPing with are having fun PvPing with you, but they want to exp eventually the same as you. This is especially true if your a melee because casters always need a melee when trying to do anything besides root rot or kite.

Rogean is alive:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...80&postcount=1
Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Imagine a world in which everyone was immortal and they all killed each other for fun. How would that at all be entertaining?

The whole point of fighting is to fight FOR something!

In EQ, that something is the right to own a zone, or hold a camp.

You lament about the PvE zerg when what you're preaching is a boring PvP zerg. For PvP to be worthwhile, it must have a meaning - and YT is not the answer, either, imo.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine a world in which everyone was immortal and they all killed each other for fun. How would that at all be entertaining?

The whole point of fighting is to fight FOR something!

In EQ, that something is the right to own a zone, or hold a camp.

You lament about the PvE zerg when what you're preaching is a boring PvP zerg. For PvP to be worthwhile, it must have a meaning - and YT is not the answer, either, imo.
I sometimes pvp for camps.

I mostly PvP to PvP. Some People provide a real challenge, much like a PvE mob where i need to use strategy and teamwork to kill. It isn't all mindless. This game was developed to be a pve game, ask the creators, but it became a great pvp game imo.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
I sometimes pvp for camps.

I mostly PvP to PvP. Some People provide a real challenge, much like a PvE mob where i need to use strategy and teamwork to kill. It isn't all mindless. This game was developed to be a pve game, ask the creators, but it became a great pvp game imo.
Was that lvl 1 Biggmee in ocean of tears one challenging moments that you used teamwork with Smallmee to train specs and gate?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Was that lvl 1 Biggmee in ocean of tears one challenging moments that you used teamwork with Smallmee to train specs and gate?
Your ignorance ruins a constructive conversation. One question tho... Whats a level 1 monk doing in OOT sitting at seafurys?
Closed Thread