Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all fairness you can play empire space and never see a lick of PvP. Trading, missioning, mining, playing the economy...you could play for years and never PvP.
I'm not against PvP whatsoever. I'm against the ruthlessness the game seems to encourage. I never care about dying in Battlefield 3, I never care much about dying in EQ's PvP servers, or DAOC, or when I played on a WoW PvP server, but in EVE I'm sure I'd care too much.

EVE allows players to do things to each other that other MMOs have the good sense to not allow. Some of the things I've seen on youtube would be cause for permanent bans, but in EVE they're practically celebrated.

I'm a casual gamer who does it for fun and relaxation. Not sure EVE fits my style.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

EvE is a harsh game...but you have to be smart. The only time you can be griefed is when you allow it.

Never fly a ship you can't afford to lose. Never fully trust anyone...no matter how long you've played with them. Never invest ISK you you can't afford to lose. Expect the unexpected. Don't let someone con you. Watch your trade window. Know what you're buying. The list goes on and on, lol.

Most of the grief comes from players that only play the "blue" side of EvE and get smacked...flying a load that has enough worth for suicide gankers into Jita for example. Or in the case of a previous link of mine...mining in null or low-sec and thinking no one is going to bother you. Taking that "shortcut" through low-sec.

If you play smart and understand that something can always happen to your pretties...you're invulnerable. If you play long enough to venture into playing strictly in 0 space...you won't need any advice anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 04-22-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Old 04-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Kobold

rotten tomatoes
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

Or get into nullsec that is so well protected by your alliance that it's safer than hisec

<3 CVA
Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

heh...Dobri made a lot of money contracting trade routes from big alliances. Never lost a Prowler, either. you guys are starting to make me want to re-sub...

Quote:
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

ya the cool thing is there is about 8 or 9 of us. all doing different things but tbh i trust the people of project1999 more than any of the players ive met so far including Steaks who was griefing people hardcore. i dont think i can go back to a regular mmo again. sandbox is too tastey. probably why i enjoy minecraft so much.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Long video...but it helps a lot if you've never played EvE.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jGV38W9xNH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:
Last edited by Humerox; 04-21-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

one step closer to EvE

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...967904210.html
Old 04-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

wtf why cant we embed in pvp forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] anyways try eve, got nothing to lose.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah! Reading the article now. CCP has a suicide hotline? rotflmfao

Mittani had to resign and caught a 30-day ban? srsly...c'mon
The guy really should be in jail. He literally called for someone's suicide - do you realize that's essentially premeditated murder?

The guy is a sociopath.
Last edited by kazroth; 04-21-2012 at 06:15 PM..
Closed Thread