Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Kim jong ill has better rules on loot than this guy. Greedy cockslave.

Ha, Cecily is a fucking parrot from post to post.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Aviak

The poster of this thread is a very greedy player that likes to come on here and whine on forums and fabricate events. I would advise avoiding Paul for groups, transactions, and posts.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, the group that this post stems from was not even your group to lead. You did not form the group. You did not assume leadership at any point during the group after you joined. That simple fact alone says "Shut up."
This post doesn't stem from any particular grouping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second, as others have already pointed out in one way or another, such an act is greedy. It has nothing to do with equal value, and using the argument that items aren't the same value as an excuse for one person to get MORE value is a level of stupidity that shames even the lowest of life forms.

It's about trying to allow everyone in the group to walk away with something to reward them for their contribution. On the very rare occasions that I win something of even mediocre value, I pass on everything from that point on unless: A) Most of the group is replaced. B) It's a rot item no one really cares about. C) It's an item I want more, at which point I offer up the item I previously won if I happen to win the new drop.
This doesn't make any sense because Person A just rolled on a 1k item and won, not knowing that a few minutes later a 40k item is going to drop. So now they have to trade-up a 1k item in exchange for a 40k item? Why even bother?

Sometimes you group and you get nothing. Sometimes you group and you win things. This is just such an easier system than squabbling over which items should be traded up which, even if done efficiently, still doesn't reconcile glaring inconsistencies because of how the game is itemized.

Quote:
You argued that everyone "should have a fair chance at drops" and the like. That's true. What you don't seem to understand is when a valuable item drops and you win it, you had a fair chance and used it up by winning something. Others still haven't won anything. You no longer have a "fair" shot left. Anything you attempt to roll for from that point on without some kind of drastic change to the group or compromise is an act of pure selfishness beyond just trying to better one's character through an upgrade or money for upgrades.
Again, if people insist on adhering to a trade-up system in groups I'm leading that's fine, but I'm not going to mandate it and I'm not going to tolerate people who complain about it not being enforced. There are many of us, myself included, who would much rather just play, roll, and move on.

Quote:
Your guildy won a cloak. Congratulations to him. No problems there. The moment he rolled on a 60 spell or anything else of decent value, however, he threw a big "fuck you" into the faces of everyone else in the group, especially the guy who would have won otherwise. If you want to suck his dick over it, go ahead, but you're still wrong. As of this post, I think it's safe to say you've reached twat status.
I did use this scenario as an example but to be honest it wasn't this argument we had that compelled me to make a post. It was more because of the many times I'd been grouped and won two or three small items in a streak of good rolls only to be met with a slew whining and complaining. If I win a fungi/hiero, yes I'm going to pass on other *big* drops from then on, but I'm not going to complain when someone else doesn't.

Also, thank you to the many people who have sent me encouraging tells in game.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Fire Giant

Piss of Paul . You are garbage.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

the most fair loot rules is Master Looter but people are lazy
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

all this insecurity in a vidya game. damn shame folks.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Either establish trade up rules or it is FFA

If i have been camping crypt for a month and not won shit then in 10 minutes a hiero and torpor drop and I win both then how is it greedy for me to take both? What if I am level 60 and the rest of the group is level 57,58,59 and clearly this is the first time in crypt? I have put in a higher net effort to get both the items as the rest of the group combined.

Greed is when a new guy joins the group, 5 mins later hiero drops, the guy wins then says he has to go.

Does it suck when one guy wins 2 big ticket things? Sure. But if you don't like that then dont group with randoms.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Oh, and the concept that if I already have the item I shouldn't be allowed to roll is bat shit crazy.

You are telling me that a shaman with a fungi shouldn't be allowed to roll on a fungi? That hurts your group telling him to bank it ahead of time.

I guess when I get to seb I should go strip my character of any lore item just incase i get invited to a group and the item happens to drop and I happen to win.

Talk about greed.. lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

I stand by my statement that Paul G is a piece of human waste.
Closed Thread