Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Default Any must-do bard quests/items? (lvl 46)

Here's somewhat of a knowledge test for those that know bards and their gear/quests/toys:

I'm just about to get my bard to level 46, and I told myself I could push pause on the exp grind to go do some fun things, and get some "toys" and upgrades.

First on my list is the Mask of Deception from Lguk.

Second on the list is getting the OT hammer (dependent on the mask first), whether or not I ever actually use it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are there any other must-do bard quests, or pieces of gear I can chase down without a group? Right now my gear is complete garbage (lots of banded, bronze, and a couple of lambent from when I started the character back in 2010), including my instruments (basic vendor ones), so I'm open to suggestions on worthwhile quests to upgrade myself.

I'm not all that interested in the "just farm hill giants and just buy stuff" suggestions, but thanks in advance all the same [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . Back in the day on Live, I was on the Good team on Sullon Zek, and unless you literally ran with a gank-squad constantly, you were stuck farming garbage mobs/zones for money & gear. This time around, I'd MUCH rather go exploring/questing for my upgrades, if I can.

Best case scenario is it's just a quest I can do solo. Next best case scenario is a short-ish/easy-ish solo camp, or series of solo camp(s)/quest(s). I'd rather not have to group for these kinds of things, because right now my playtime is rather erratic.

Ideas?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Mask and hammer are a priority for sure. Your epic changes the game for you but that will be a long time until you could possibly get it. Gear is whatever, I'd focus on hps and Magic resists myself but still got into TMO as an app in full bronze. Focus on your instruments and a breath of harmony. The BoH will let you sing 5 songs very easily in groups but swarming will make you a better bard imo.

Selos drums, immaculate shell horn, and a lute - maestros, lute of the howler ( not a fan of, yes it's a primary slot but low modifier which is much more important ), or if it even exists Lyendlln's lute would be an AMAZING lute to buy. As for a flute, a store bought one will do exactly the same things as a higher tier one so don't even waste your time.

As for cheaper instruments off the top of my head, MM battle drums, lute of the gypsy princess, and a conch shell horn for those on the low end of the budget.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

Level 52 bard checking in!

Collecting illusion items is great fun for a Bard, but I am afraid most of it is not solo content. However you can get most of these with 1 group. The Barb mask and High Elf mask are not really obtainable. Stanos is basically a monster who destroys all but the most well organized raid forces and could probably kill Kunark dragons 1v1.

• Mask of Deception – Lower Guk – Dark Elf
  •  Mask of Obtenebration – Howling Stones - Erudite
  •  Iksar Hide Mask – Trakanon’s Teeth – Iksar
  •  Flayed Barbarian Hide Mask – Avatar of War (yikes) - Barbarian
  •  Lute of the Howler – Velkators Labrynth - Werewolf
  •  Neriad Shawl – Sirens Groto – Water Elemental
  •  Guise of the Coercer – Kithicor Forest/High Keep – Subquest for Rog Epic – High Elf
Singing Steel armor drops in Old Seb and KC and you don’t need a raid force to get the good sh!t.

• Singing Steel Boots – Levitate
  •  Singing Steel Helm – Eye of Zomm
  •  Singing Steel Bracer – Damage Shield that stacks with songs
  •  Singing Steel Gloves – Water Breathing
  •  Breath of Harmony – Clickie song and good ratio weapon

OT Hammer should be easy to get once you are level 50 since you can just charm the mob yourself. No faction work needed.

If I was you, my goals would be to join a guild that did Hate/PoG/Sky and you can get pretty good items out of those zones that are No Drop. Most of the time these type of raids are scheduled also, so as long as you find a guild that raids on a good schedule for you it should be easy to get yourself in some nice gear that doesn’t require poop socking.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

I'd focus on getting instrument upgrades, since most of your power as a bard come from your songs.

1 - Get Mistmoore Battle Drums and Lute of the Gypsy Princess from Mistmore. You should at least have these.
2 - Do the Nostrolo Tambourine quest. This is super fun and you might be able to do the entire thing yourself, although you may want to bring a friend for the Dalnir and Kaesora parts.
3 - At your level, you can charm kill hill giants (just do it, it's good exp) in Rathe Mountains and get some great money while doing it. Doing that from 46-51 will yield you more than enough money to get a McVaxius' Horn of War.
4 - Wind instrument upgrades aren't really necessary, but for the sake of bard adventuring you could hunt for a Unicorn Horn.

Armor-wise, I'm not sure what's beyond Lambent in classic/Kunark, but:

1 - Hero Bracer quest is easy and will probably yield an upgrade from what you have.
2 - Use some of the money you get from hill giants to buy a Singing Steel Bracer, Gauntlets, and Helm, since they have very useful effects.
3 - Post-52 start trying to get into Kael groups so you can upgrade to Thurgadin armor
Old 06-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Banned

But as far as your original post - I am afraid you will be quite disappointed in what quests and camps are available for a solo 46 Bard. I always see Bards doing the Forager Cycle in TT but I think you may be too low - but once you can do it the Iky BP sells for 9k-10k all day in EC tunnel
Server GM

Nostrolo Tambourine is a fun quest to do, and it's a nice upgrade over the vendor drum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Planar Protector

OT hammer doesnt matter till 50 (procs @ 50) and as a bard you just get a jade, charm foreman, turn in jade. Dont need DE mask for faction.

The best upgrade you can do easily is getting ice forged shackles from the quest in IC. Very easily done at 46 and they're great bracers.

As above, at lvl 46 you can easily get the MM instruments (drus / lute) solo. You can do nostrolo tambourine quest mostly solo, but might need help for some of the dungeon coins. Ignore lute of the howler unless you're rolling in cash and want a toy.

You can quest a lot of the lambent armor solo for fun, even though with just gem money you can buy better gear (though as a bard you really don't need gear unless youre xp group tanking)

BoH is BIS droppable weap mainhand but youre not gonna solo it
Old 06-27-2017, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Bard's are total fashion quest for armor til you plan to raid and even then it's just resist gear and hp gear.

Not many solo things to do with a bard to acquire stuff which is the downside to red to try and group for gear.

Illusions are fun toys but even at 46 I think you might have a hard time solo DPS downing ass/sup TT cycle is outta the question til you get to atleast 54. The rest of the stuff I wouldn't even look at cause it will just make you sad.

Honestly roll an ENC if you want to solo farm gear. IMO

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 - Do the Nostrolo Tambourine quest. This is super fun and you might be able to do the entire thing yourself, although you may want to bring a friend for the Dalnir and Kaesora parts.
You can move easily around 99% of Dalnir with Faction song and invis, lull the sperms. Faction song is OP, use it every chance you get. You could likely get to the room and hold it down solo at your level.

Bard is really not dependent on gear, as was said focus on instruments. I would skip buying a McVaxius horn and just get an Immaculate Shell Horn when you have the plat, Conch Shell Horn is fine until then.

I don't have many suggestions that haven't been mentioned and can be done solo. Definitely go for Jboots if you're wiling to compete for the S. Ro one, or wait a few levels then do the OOT one.

Do the Leatherfoot raider cap quest twice, and put one on an alt. Camp root nets in Perma from jailmaster. Farm Goblin Gazughi Ring and Bracer of Hidden. Shrunken Gob Skull earring is really easy to farm on bard, it's not lore so you can farm a few and sell a couple and just keep 1 for junk buff.
Last edited by Triiz; 06-27-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 06-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Kobold

Hey, thanks everyone!! I really do appreciate all the relies!